From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maquis shrubland or macchia is a biome in the Mediterranean region. The name has been adopted by a variety of guerrilla movements.
Maquis may also refer to:
- Maquis (World War II), predominantly rural guerrilla bands of the French Resistance
- Spanish Maquis, guerrillas who resisted the Francisco Franco regime in the aftermath of the Spanish Civil War
- Maquis (Star Trek), anti-Cardassian resistance movement in the fictional Star Trek universe
- "The Maquis", second-season two-part episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine that introduced the above group
- Maquis or Maqui berries, the berry of the Aristotelia chilensis bush in southern Chile.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.