Marble Falls Independent School District
Marble Falls Independent School District ("MFISD") is a school district based in the city of Marble Falls, in Burnet County, Texas, USA which is located in the heart of the Highland Lakes region of the Texas Hill Country. The district encompasses 268 square miles (690 km2) and serves the communities of Marble Falls, Meadowlakes, Granite Shoals, Highland Haven, Cottonwood, Fairland, East Dallas, Smithwick, Spicewood, and portions of Horseshoe Bay.MFISD has a growing enrollment of approximately 4,000 students.
- Marble Falls High School (grades 9–12), classified as a 4A school by the University Interscholastic League and rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency.
- Falls Career High School is an alternative high school program in run in MFISD that allows high school-aged students to concurrently work and attend school. The current criteria for acceptance include the student's age, a minimum number of credits earned toward graduation, and being in circumstances where they are at-risk of or have dropped out of school, are unable to graduate with their cohort class, or a traditional high school cannot meet his/her needs.
- Falls Career High School was piloted in August 2002 and there were 46 students in the first graduating class of 2003. Since its conception, the Falls Career program has been housed with the school district's offices in the Granite Building across the street from Marble Falls Elementary School. The successful passage of a November 2006 bond election included a provision to re-purpose the current Colt Elementary building into a new central office for the district and Falls Career/EPIC program once a new building for the elementary school is completed.
- Marble Falls Middle School (grades 6-8)
The district has four PK-5 elementary schools:
- Colt Elementary
- Marble Falls Elementary
- Highland Lakes Elementary (a 2004 National Blue Ribbon School)
- Spicewood Elementary.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.
- "2011 DISTRICT ACCOUNTABILITY SUMMARY". Texas Education Agency.
- "Thank you for a successful Bond Election", Marble Falls ISD News, November 22, 2006.
- BLUE RIBBON SCHOOLS PROGRAM Schools Recognized 2003 Through 2009