|Marc W. Butler|
|Member of the New York State Assembly
from the 117th district
|Preceded by||Anthony Casale|
January 21, 1952 |
Herkimer, New York
|Residence||Newport, New York|
|Alma mater||SUNY Potsdam|
Marc W. Butler (born January 21, 1952) is a Republican member of the New York State Assembly for the 117th Assembly District, which includes Herkimer County, Fulton County and the northeastern portion of Otsego County.
Butler received a bachelor of arts degree in English from State University of New York at Potsdam. He worked as a reporter for the Utica Observer-Dispatch from 1976 to 1986, and was a corporate communications specialist for Utica National Insurance Group from 1986 to 1995. Butler was a Newport Village Trustee and also served as Deputy Mayor of the village. He then served two terms in the Herkimer County Legislature, where he was elected Majority Leader in 1993.
He was first elected to represent 113th Assembly District in 1995. Due to redistricting, he was elected to the new 117th Assembly District in 2002. Butler won the November 2008 general election with 71 percent of the vote and ran uncontested in the November 2010 general election.
- "Assembly Member Marc W. Butler (NY)". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved March 24, 2011.
- "Marc W. Butler: Biography". New York State Assembly. Retrieved March 24, 2011.
- "Election Results 2008: New York State Legislature". The New York Times. 2008.
- "Assembly Election Returns: November 4, 2008" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. 2008.
- "Election Results 2010: New York State Legislature". The New York Times. 2010.
- "Assembly Election Returns: November 2, 2010" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. 2010.
|New York Assembly|
|New York State Assembly, 113th District
|New York State Assembly, 117th District
|This article about a member of the New York State Assembly is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|