||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (June 2011)|
Guggenheim at the 2013 WonderCon.
|Born||September 24, 1970|
After a romantic comedy script led to a few meetings with producers, he moved to California to pursue a career as a screenwriter. A script for The Practice was his first produced work. He eventually served as a supervising editor for Law & Order, Jack and Bobby, CSI: Miami, and In Justice.
With Greg Berlanti, Guggenheim is the co-creator of the ABC show Eli Stone. He later became executive producer of ABC's No Ordinary Family. As well alongside Andrew Kreisberg they adapted the Green Arrow comics into the television series Arrow, where Guggenheim serves as showrunner.
He served as an intern at Marvel for a time in 1990 for editor Terry Kavanagh, and was the colorist for an eight-page Iceman/Human Torch story while there. His writing experiences also include the comic books Aquaman for DC Comics, Wolverine and The Punisher for Marvel, and scripts for the Rare Game Perfect Dark Zero. He wrote Blade for 12 issues with artist Howard Chaykin.
In 2007, Guggenheim became one of the rotating team of writers on The Amazing Spider-Man. His first story appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #546. He also launched a creator-owned comic, Resurrection, for Oni Press.
He wrote the comic book Young X-Men for Marvel which was launched in April 2008, and in 2008 was working on a comic with Hugh Jackman and Virgin Comics, Nowhere Man, and on Super Zombies for Dynamite Entertainment and Stephen King.
Guggenheim was intended to take over Action Comics after the War of the Supermen limited series, but was replaced by Paul Cornell. Guggenheim will instead be working on Justice Society of America.
|2013||Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters||Screenplay|
- Profile, www.evri.com
- Brady, Matt (November 13, 2006). "Guggenheim Starts as New Flash Writer in February". Newsarama.
- Jackman, Guggenheim go 'Nowhere', Variety
- Guggenheim & Gonzales on Bringing 'Super Zombies' to Life, Newsarama, November 5, 2008
- Issue 1 of Stephen King's N. Hits Comic Stores Today!
- Segura, Alex (December 10, 2009). "DCU in 2010: Marc Guggenheim Steps in as Writer on Action Comics". The Source. DC Comics.com. Retrieved April 12, 2010.
- Segura, Alex (April 12, 2010). "Paul Cornell Steps in as New Action Comics Writer". The Source. DC Comics.com. Retrieved April 12, 2010.
- Marc Guggenheim at the Internet Movie Database
- THE PULSE talks to Guggenheim about his work on DC's FLASH comic book series!
- THE PULSE: Marc Guggenheim on working with Marvel's BLADE comic book series
- THE PULSE talks to Guggenheim about the Hyperion vs. Nighthawk Marvel comic book series
- THE PULSE: Marc Guggenheim at SDCC '06 on Marvel's Civil War
- THE PULSE: Guggenheim puts The Punisher on Trial in THE PEOPLE Vs. Frank Castle
- Marc Guggenheim discusses his musical tastes on Marvel.com
- Youth Served: Guggenheim Talks "Young X-Men", Comic Book Resources