Klasfeld working with Justin Timberlake
|Occupation||Music Video Director, Commercial Director, Photographer|
Marc Klasfeld is an American music video director. He has directed over two hundred music videos for artists such as Britney Spears, Tokio Hotel, Katy Perry, Jay-Z, Kid Rock, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Michael Bublé, Nelly, Foo Fighters, Jewel, Fun, Avril Lavigne, Aerosmith and many others with multiple MTV award wins and nominations.
He is also the founder of Rockhard, a music video production company that also houses directors Wayne Isham, Ray Kay, Sanaa Hamri, Robert Hales, Ethan Lader, Erik White, Jon Jon Augustavo, and Steve Jocz. Rockhard has produced videos for Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, LMFAO, Britney Spears, Aerosmith, Prince, Mariah Carey, Kelly Rowland, Jessie J, Willow Smith, Adam Lambert, Big Time Rush among others.
He is also a director of television commercials for Target, Nike, NFL, NBA, Motorola, Reebok, Cartoon Network and Hummer. His best-known commercial work is for Justin Timberlake's Target campaign, ESPN's This is Sportscenter campaign, Hammer Pants Dance for the A&E Network's reality show Hammertime, Avril Lavigne's Canon campaigns and Smirnoff's Green Tea Partay viral video sang by Sebastian Siegel.
On March 29, 2010 Klasfeld released a comedic video of an elementary school reenactment of the Al Pacino film Scarface, entitled "Scarface School Play". It was a viral sensation that was featured on CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC and Fox News Channel.
He is a graduate of NYU's Tisch School of the Arts.
- "Marc Klasfeld". The New York Times.
- "‘Scarface School Play’ director steps forward: ‘It was a lot of fun’". The Los Angeles Times. 2010-03-30.
- Mark Olsen (2006-08-11). "`L.A. Riot' comes up far short of spectacular". The Los Angeles Times.
- Baz Dreisinger (2005-06-19). "Can laughs meet riot?". The Los Angeles Times.
- L.A. Weekly Film Critics (2006-08-09). "Film Reviews". LA Weekly.