||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010)|
|Occupations||Classical guitarist, Professor|
|Labels||Dorian sono luminus, The Musical Heritage Society, Marco Polo (Naxos), Naxos|
Marc Regnier is an American classical guitarist.
Marc Regnier is a Grammy-nominated classical guitarist He has been described by critics as “a master of his instrument” and “a musician of intelligence, lyricism and subtlety.” Since his concert debut at the age of fifteen, Regnier has performed in major cities throughout America from San Francisco to New York’s Carnegie Recital Hall. He also has appeared in concert and given master classes in Canada and South America. Marc Regnier is a voting member of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences.
His Grammy winning 2010 recording Gnattali: Solo & Chamber Works for Guitar was recorded at Skywalker Sound, produced by four-time Grammy winners Marina and Victor Ledin, and recorded by Grammy winning engineer Leslie Ann Jones. His music has been released on Naxos, Musical Heritage Society and Dorian Sono Luminus labels. Regnier’s recordings have drawn such critical acclamation as “Rarely have the repertoire and the skills of a particular artist been combined as effectively ... a significant recording on all accounts.” (Fanfare). After his debut release Soundboard magazine proclaimed “... as pleasurable affair as any first recording since the advent of Manuel Barrueco.” Dorian Sono Luminus has recently released Regnier’s latest recording which features chamber and solo works of Brazilian composer Radames Gnattali and is Grammy nominated for "Best Chamber Performance".
- "Marc Regnier Plays Tres Canciones Populares Mexicanas" The Musical Heritage Society MHS 512242H (works by Manuel Ponce, Julián Orbón, Francisco Tárrega, Joaquin Nin-Culmell)
- "Canco Del Lladre" The Musical Heritage Society MHS 513008M (works by Isaac Albéniz, Agusti Grau, John W. Duarte, Miguel Llobet, Carlo Domeniconi, Celso Machado)
- "Alexandre Tansman: Guitar Music" (Complete) Marco Polo (Naxos)
- "The Polish Heart" Naxos 8.554774 (other featured artists: İdil Biret, Karol Stryja, Henryk Grychnik, Konstantin Scherbakov, Marat Bisengaliev, Peter Nagy, Zofia Kilanowicz, Antoni Wit)
- "Radamés Gnattali: Solo & Chamber Works for Guitar" Dorian sono luminus, release date 8/30/10 "Grammy Nominated for Best Chamber Performance"
- The Classical Guitar Blog (2010). "News: Guitarist Marc Regnier Grammy Nominated". Retrieved 2010-12-06.
- "Music and Dance - Concerts". New York Magazine: 109. May 7, 1984. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- Koob, Lindsay. "Classical guitarist Marc Regnier heads the list of local Grammy nominees". Charleston City Paper. Retrieved 8 January 2013. "The musicians were fortunate to work with some of the very best record producers in the business, Marina and Victor Ledin, four-time Grammy nominees themselves. Leslie Ann Jones, the recording engineer, is a previous Grammy winner."
- Marc Regnier's Website (2010). "Marc Regnier Biography". Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "Marc Regnier Professor, Classical Guitar". Retrieved 8 January 2013.