|Born||Marc Stephen Goldberg
October 3, 1959 
|Other names||Mark Walice, Mark Williams, M. Goldberg, Mark Weller, Mark Butler, Marc Wallis, Mark Waliice, Mark C. Gold, Mark Goldberg, Marc Wallace, Marc Goldberg, Marc Gold, Marc Richa, Mark Wallace, Mark Wallice, Jay B. David, Don Webber, Mark Gold, G. Berg, Marc Wallace|
|No. of adult films||1634 as performer
2 as a director (per IAFD)
Marc Wallice (born Marc Stephen Goldberg October 3, 1959) is a former American pornographic actor. He performed in over 1,500 pornographic films and has directed as well. Wallice was inducted into both the AVN and XRCO Hall of Fames.
He tested HIV positive in 1998 after allegedly hiding his HIV positive status for two years and infecting several women, sending shock waves throughout the porn industry. He left the industry but later returned as a director, editor, and writer.
Wallice entered the porn industry in 1982 at the age of 22. He was working as a grocery store bagger when he answered an ad for the World Modeling Agency. He started out with non-speaking roles, but worked his way up to become a very active actor, doing more than 1,300 heterosexual and gay porn movies.
Since 1982 Wallice has appeared in productions for studios such as 4-Play Video, Anabolic Video, Caballero Home Video, CDI Home Video, Elegant Angel, Evil Angel, Filmco, Legend Video, Leisure Time Entertainment, Sin City, VCA Pictures, VCA Picturesidco, Vivid Entertainment, Wicked Pictures, and the Zane Entertainment Group. He has appeared in many anal sex-oriented films, including Erica Boyer's educational film The Fine Art of Anal Sex/Anal Intercourse, in which he demonstrates basic anal-sex techniques.
In 2003 he returned to the industry as a director.
On April 30, 1998, the then-head of AIM Medical, Sharon Mitchell, announced that Wallice was HIV positive. Wallice's career as a performer was effectively over and there were rumors and speculation that he intentionally hid his HIV positive status with fake blood work through several HIV testing cycles to continue working, and consequently infected several actresses, including Brooke Ashley, Tricia Devereaux, Jordan McKnight, Caroline, and Kimberly Jade. Doubts of this speculation were investigated using Wallice's tests.
After his HIV positive status became public, Wallice announced his intention to go back to school to learn computer programming.
- 1990 AVN Best Group Sex Scene - Video for Gang Bangs II
- 1992 XRCO Best Actor (Single Performance) for House of Sleeping Beauties
- 1993 AVN Best Group Sex Scene - Video for Realities 2
- 1993 XRCO Male Performer of the Year (Body of Work)
- 1998 AVN Best Couples Sex Scene - Film for Red Vibe Diaries
- AVN Hall of Fame
- XRCO Hall of Fame
In 2004 a rumor was started (via an internet forum) that Wallice had committed suicide. This was quickly disproved by his then employer, John Chambliss, of Simon Wolf Productions.
- "Marc Wallice - porn star and director". Internet Adult Film Database. 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Marc Wallice - IMDb". Internet Movie Database. 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- Staff. "Marc Wallice". IAFD. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- McNeil, Legs; Jennifer Osborne (2006). The Other Hollywood: The Uncensored Oral History of the Porn Industry. with Peter Pavia. New York: ReganBooks. p. 577. ISBN 0-06-009660-8.
- "Porn Industry Still Struggles With Condom Issue". ABC News. American Broadcasting Company. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- Staff. "Real Sex: Real Sex 21 (8 Sep. 1998) TV Episode - 58 min - Documentary". Amazon via IMDb.
- Staff. "Marc Wallice's Return To Directing". Adult Video News. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- Harvey, Dennis (October 3, 2005). "3 Needles". Variety (Los Angeles, California: Reed Elsevier Inc.). ISSN 0042-2738. OCLC 29805619.
- Kernes, Mark (2005-08-11). "Powers Shoots HIV-Positive, Hetero Scene". Adult Video News (Philadelphia, PA: Adult Video News, Inc.). ISSN 0883-7090. OCLC 12197226. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- Allen, Jane E. (2010). "Actor's Positive HIV Test Disrupts Filming as Clinic Traces On-Screen Sex Partners". ABC News. American Broadcasting Company. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Interview with Luke Ford".[dead link]
- "Marc Wallice Porn Star". Excalibur Films. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- Staff. "Marc Wallice Closer to Vindication?". Adult Video News. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- Staff. "Marc Wallice Speaks Out on his Role in the HIV Controversy: “Brooke Ashley Is Off Her Fucking Rocker!”". Adult Video News. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "Marc Wallice Quotes". BrainyQuote. BookRags Media Network. 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Past AVN Award Winners". Retrieved 2008-01-07.[dead link]
- "XRCO Hall of Fame". Retrieved 2008-01-07.
- "XRCO past winners". Retrieved 2008-01-07.
- "AVN Hall of Fame". Retrieved 2008-01-07.[dead link]
- Brown, Trent. "Marc Wallice Still Alive and Making Brownies". Adult Video News. Retrieved 2 March 2014.