In 1948, he met Léon Garraud, a master of the Lyon School and attended his workshop. In 1962, Anselm, met Nicos Dikheos, Consul of Cyprus in Lyon. The diplomat was struck by the talent of the young painter, and introduced him to Archbishop Makarios, President of the Republic of Cyprus, where he became employed as a portrait painter. For ten years, Anselm regularly visited the Cypriot capital of Nicosia where he was entrusted to paint the portraits of the archbishops of Cyprus. During this time he developed his abilities, studying the works of Dutch, Italian Renaissance, Florentine and Venetian painters.
He painted nudes, landscapes and everyday scenes, but he excelled in portraiture. Marcel Anselm also made many portraits at the request of political, scientific and religious personalities throughout the world. The St. Francis Gallery, Lyon in 1963 and the Ror Volmar Gallery in Paris in 1977 honored Anselme with exhibitions. Les Amis de la Maison Ravier held a retrospective exhibition of his work during September and October 1992, showing fifty paintings in which this tormented artist sought perfection in his expression.
- "Parcours". Nathalie Bas. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- "Marcel Anselme". Maison Ravier. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- Connaissance des arts, Issues 307-310. Société Française de Promotion Artistique. 1977. p. 44.
- "Exposition rétrospective Marcel Anselme (1925-1982), du 5 septembre au 26 octobre 1992.". Les Amis de la Maison Ravier. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- Thiolier, Hubert: Ravier et les peintres lyonnais : 1850-1950 : Guiguet et Garraud / Hubert Thiolier, 1984, Lyon, Impr. des Beaux-Arts, 206 p. (French)
- Rétrospective Marcel ANSELME Maison RAVIER – Morestel (Isère 38), Imprimé à l’Imprimerie des Beaux-arts TIXIER et Fils à LYON (tirage en 500 exemplaires)
- Catalogue d’Exposition Marcel ANSELME du 23 Novembre au 7 Décembre 1963 à la galerie St FRANÇOIS 24, rue Auguste-Comte, Lyon (2ème)
- La revue Moderne, Des Arts et de la Vie – publication Mensuelle Août 1960
- La revue Moderne, Des Arts et de la Vie – publication Mensuelle Décembre 1977
- La revue Moderne, Des Arts et de la Vie – publication Mensuelle Juin 1979 (Page 3)