Marcel Boekhoorn (born 30 October 1959, Nijmegen, Netherlands) is a Dutch investor with a wide array of business interests. Mr Boekhoorn's estimated current net worth stands at €1.3 billion ($1.9 billion), making him one of the wealthiest entrepreneurs in the Netherlands. Boekhoorn, a CPA by training, founded his investment vehicle Ramphastos Investments in 1994. Over the course of the ensuing years Boekhoorn successfully acquired and sold numerous companies. Boekhoorn is the investor of the Dutch football club N.E.C. Nijmegen.
Prominent successes to date:
- retail bakery chain nl:Bakker Bart, sold to German de:Kamps AG
- Moti Dupli (spray paints), sold to Intermediate Capital Group
- Novaxess (fixed line telco operator), sold to Easynet PLC/BskyB
- SIM Industries (flight simulators), sold to Lockheed Martin
Boekhoorn's major feat was the 300 million EUR acquisition of Dutch mobile operator Telfort (co-owned by the railways) and its subsequent sale (nine months later, after a high intensity effort to jack up Telfort's marketing and sales) to incumbent telco and market leader KPN at a valuation of 1,2 billion EUR.
Boekhoorn's investment vehicle Ramphastos Investments holds interests in over 30 companies. Boekhoorn's current business interests include:
- Dutch mainstream newspaper De Telegraaf
- Biometrics firm VoiceTrust, listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Door manufacturer Doorwin
- SIM Industries, producer of flight simulators
- TradeKing, online broker
- McGregor Fashion Group, fashion
- , men's fashion
- aap Implantate AG, innovative biomaterials and implants
- Openlot Ventures, investments in gaming technology
- Spyker Cars, Dutch hand-built automobile manufacturer
- N.E.C. Nijmegen, Dutch football club
- American 3D-gaming manufacturer 'Rocket Ninja'
- French food-products multinational corporation Danone
- High Tech Campus Eindhoven  Interview with Marcel Boekhoorn on view on High Tech Campus (HTC) Eindhoven. HTC was acquired by Chalet Group in 2012 and was the largest single asset transaction ever to take place in the Netherlands.
- Mazarine Energy, oil and gas exploration and production. On May 1st, 2015, Mazarine Energy announced that it found oil in Tunisia.https://fd.nl/ondernemen/1102422/grote-olievondst-in-tunesie
- AviationGlass, producer of glass and mirrors for aviation industry
- Antena Company, supershaped antennas
- acquisition Voicetrust (I), 2007
- acquisition Voicetrust (II), 2007
- Interview with Marcel Boekhoorn, 2008
- Interview with Marcel Boekhoorn, 2012
- 'Marcel Boekhoorn's Booming Business', 2014