|Birth name||María Elena Santamaría Gómez|
|Billed height||1.55 m (5 ft 1 in)|
|Billed weight||60 kg (130 lb)|
|Born||May 31, 1971|
|Trained by||Panchito Villalobos
Jose Luis Feliciano
María Elena Santamaría Gómez (born May 31, 1971) is a Mexican professional wrestler, known mainly for her work in the Mexican professional wrestling promotion Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL), where she works under the ring name Marcela. As Marcela, she is one of the top tecnicas (good guy characters, or faces) in CMLL and is currently in her third reign as the CMLL World Women's Champion, while also being a former one-time Mexican National Women's Champion.
Professional wrestling career
María Santamaría made her professional wrestling debut in 1985, using the ring name "Marcela" and initially worked on the Mexican independent circuit. In the early 1990s she began working for Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL). In the mid-1990s and early 2000s CMLL did not focus on their women's division, which meant that Marcela also worked for a variety of other minor Mexican promotions. In 2004 CMLL began featuring more and more women's wrestling again and Marcela was one of the wrestlers who was given a full-time role with CMLL. On September 9, 2005, Marcela and Dark Angel were the last two women in a 12-woman Cibernetico match, earning the right to wrestle for the vacant CMLL World Women's Championship the following week; a match which Marcela won. Subsequently she defended the title against Hiroka once and La Amapola on a number of occasions until her title reign ended on June 9, 2006 when Hiroka defeated her. On May 4, 2007, Marcela defeated Princessa Sujei to win the vacant Mexican National Women's Championship, after first surviving a 14-woman Cibernetico match. She held the title until January 30, 2009, when she lost the title to Princessa Blanca. Marcela is also a former holder of the Distrito Federal Women's Championship but lost it to La Diabólica at some point in 2009. On April 12, 2009 Marcela defeated Rosa Negra in a Lucha de Apuesta, hair vs. mask match and forced Rosa Negra to unmask after the match and reveal her name per Lucha libre traditions. On October 28, 2011, Marcela succeeded in her thirteenth title shot at La Amapola and defeated her to regain the CMLL World Women's Championship. She lost the title to Ayumi in Tokyo, Japan, on November 26, 2011. Marcela regained the title from Ayumi on March 9, 2012, in Mexico City. On August 5, Marcela defeated Tiffany in a Lucha de Apuestas, forcing her to have head shaved bald. On December 9, 2012 Marcela defeated Ludark Shaitan to win the Xtreme Mexican Wrestling XMW Women's Championship. On June 30, 2013, Marcela traveled back to Japan to successfully defend the CMLL World Women's Championship against Ray at an event held by the Reina Joshi Puroresu promotion.
Championships and accomplishments
- Comision de Box y Lucha D.F.
- Distrito Federal Women's Championship (1 time)
- Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre
- Xtreme Mexican Wrestling
- XMW Women's Championship (1 time, current)
Lucha de Apuesta record
|Hair||Marcela||La Migala||San Juan Pantitlan||September 7, 1991|
|Hair||El Mohicano I and Marcela||Black Machine and La Gata||San Juan Pantitlan||August 3, 2001|
|Hair||Marcela||La Migala||San Juan Pantitlan||March 18, 2005||Match also included La Amapola, La Broisa and La Fugitiva|
|Mask||Marcela||Rosa Negra||Mexico City, Mexico||April 12, 2009|||
|Hair||Marcela||Tiffany||Mexico City, Mexico||August 5, 2012|||
- Madigan, Dan (2007). "Los Luchadoras". Mondo lucha a go-go: the bizarre and honorable world of wild Mexican wrestling. HarperColins Publisher. pp. 220–224. ISBN 978-0-06-085583-3.
- "2005 Lo Mejor de la Lucha Mexicana". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). January 3, 2006. 140.
- "Lo Mejor de la Lucha Libre Mexicana duranted el 2006". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). December 23, 2006. 192. Retrieved July 11, 2009.
- "2007 Lo Mejor de la Lucha Mexicana". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). December 26, 2007. 244. Retrieved July 11, 2009.
- polazky (January 31, 2009). "Resultados Arena México (30 en 09)". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved July 14, 2009.
- Rivera, Luis Manuel (November 23, 2009). "La Diabólica retuvo el título femnil del DF". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). p. 11. issue 341.
- Riveral, Manuel (April 20, 2009). "Marcela destapó a Rosa Negra". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). pp. 16–17. issue 311.
- Santamaría, Jorge (October 28, 2011). "Repiten la dosis". Récord (in Spanish). Retrieved October 29, 2011.
- "栗原あゆみＣＭＬＬ世界女子王座を初戴冠、１．８ブル中野引退興行へ出陣". Sports Navi (in Japanese). Yahoo!. November 26, 2011. Retrieved November 26, 2011.
- Salazar López, Alexis A. (March 9, 2012). "Marcela de nueva cuenta Monarca Mundial Femenil del CMLL.". Estrellas del Ring (in Spanish). Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- Mexicool, Rey (August 5, 2012). "Marcela rapa a Tiffany en la Arena México (05/Ago/12)". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved August 5, 2012.
- Salazar, Alexis (August 5, 2012). "Domingo 5 de Agosto del 2012" (in Spanish). Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre. Archived from the original on August 6, 2012. Retrieved August 6, 2012.
- "El Hijo del Fantasma y Marcela triunfan en XMW". MedioTiempo (in Spanish). December 10, 2012. Retrieved December 10, 2012.
- "マルセラ王座防衛Ray 栗原Gami組CMLL軍撃破 Leonインターナショナル王座防衛エストレジータ～Reina川崎300人超満員札止め". Miruhon (in Japanese). July 1, 2013. Retrieved July 2, 2013.