Marcello is a common masculine Italian given name. It is a variant of Marcellus. The Spanish and Portuguese version of the name is Marcelo, differing in having only one "l", while the Greek one is Marcellos.
The name originally means like a hammer. It is originally the adjectival form of marcus which means hammer; the -el suffix was in times of archaic Latin the adjectival form.
People with this given name
- Marcello D. Rapp, bass guitarist for American alternative rock band Against All Will
- Marcello Lippi, Italian football manager
- Marcello Mastroianni, deceased Italian actor, famous for starring in films with Sophia Loren.
People with this surname
- Alessandro Marcello, Italian nobleman and dilettante who dabbled in various areas, especially music
- Benedetto Marcello, brother of Alessandro, Italian composer, writer, advocate, magistrate, and teacher
- Kee Marcello, former guitarist in the Swedish hard rock band Europe
- Rob Marcello, the current guitarist of the band Danger Danger
In other fields:
- Carlos Marcello, Italian-American mobster
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name or the same family name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|