Marcello Vernola (born on 4 March 1961 in Bari) is an Italian politician and Member of the European Parliament for Southern with the Forza Italia, part of the European People's Party and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety.
- 1986: Graduate in law
- lawyer dealing with administrative cases
- 2004: defence counsel at the Court of Cassation
- 2003: Professor under contract to the University of Bari - School of Specialisation in European Community law
- Professor under contract to the University of Cassino - Faculty of Law - lecturing on 'public services'
- 1990-1995: Municipal Councillor of Bari
- 1996-1991: Member of the National Executive of the DC Youth Movement
- 1998-2000: Member of the PPI National Council
- 1999-2004: Chairman of the Provincial Council of Bari
- 1999-2004: Chairman of the Union of Apulian Provincial Councils
- 2002-2003: Member of the consultative body for local authorities and for the Mezzogiorno of the 'Margherita' party
- Official website of Marcello Vernola: www.marcellovernola.it
- European Parliament biography of Marcello Vernola
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Italian)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|