March ör Die
|March ör Die|
|Studio album by Motörhead|
|Released||14 August 1992|
|Recorded||1992 at Music Grinder Studios|
|Genre||Heavy Metal, hard rock|
|Singles from March ör Die|
Recording and production
Recorded at Music Grinder Studios, Los Angeles, three drummers participated in the making of this album: Phil Taylor, who was fired after "I Ain't No Nice Guy" was recorded (because he did not learn his drum tracks), Tommy Aldridge who recorded most of the material on this album on a sessional basis only, and Mikkey Dee, who recorded the "Hellraiser" single (the song was originally co-written by Lemmy for Ozzy Osbourne's No More Tears album. Osbourne is also signed to Epic Records.). Another drummer, Garry Bowler (a.k.a. Magpie) worked on the drum track for the demo of "Stand" during a 1991 session in London with Würzel and Phil Campbell.
The album was produced by Peter Solley with the exception of Hellraiser which was produced by Billy Sherwood.
Appearances in other media
"You Better Run" was re-recorded in 2004 as "You Better Swim" for the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
Views on the album
Lemmy has claimed that this album would have been a hit, had the record company given proper distribution of the "I Ain't No Nice Guy" video clip.
|1.||"Stand" (Phil Campbell, Würzel, Lemmy)||3:31|
|2.||"Cat Scratch Fever" (Ted Nugent)||3:52|
|3.||"Bad Religion" (Campbell, Würzel, Lemmy)||5:01|
|4.||"Jack the Ripper" (Campbell, Würzel, Lemmy)||4:39|
|5.||"I Ain't No Nice Guy" (Lemmy; featuring Ozzy Osbourne and Slash)||4:18|
|6.||"Hellraiser" (Lemmy, Ozzy Osbourne, Zakk Wylde)||4:35|
|7.||"Asylum Choir" (Campbell, Würzel, Lemmy)||3:40|
|8.||"Too Good to Be True" (Campbell, Würzel, Lemmy)||3:36|
|9.||"You Better Run" (Lemmy; featuring Slash)||4:51|
|10.||"Name in Vain" (Campbell, Würzel, Lemmy)||3:06|
|11.||"March ör Die" (Lemmy)||5:41|
- Lemmy - lead vocals, bass, cello arrangements on "I Ain't No Nice Guy"
- Phil "Wizzö" Campbell (billed as Zööm) - rhythm guitar, acoustic guitar on "I Ain't No Nice Guy"
- Würzel - lead guitar
- Tommy Aldridge - drums
- Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor - drums on "I Ain't No Nice Guy"
- Mikkey Dee - drums on "Hellraiser"
- Peter Solley - keyboards, cello arrangements
- Slash - lead guitar on "I Ain't No Nice Guy" and additional guitar on "You Better Run"
- Ozzy Osbourne - additional vocals on "I Ain't No Nice Guy"
- Produced by Peter Solley at Music Grinder Studios, except "Hellraiser", produced by Billy Sherwood
- Engineered by Casey McMackin, except "Hellraiser", engineered by Tom Fletcher
- Assistant engineered by Lawrence Ethan and Tim Nitz
- Mixed at Sound Castle Studios
- Mastered by Steve Hall at Future Disc Systems
- Allmusic Review
- "Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth (1992)". IMDb article. Retrieved 2007-02-24.
- Motorhead review
- "Interview with Phil Campbell — Motörhead". www.motorhead.ru article. Retrieved 2007-02-24.