||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (November 2010)|
|Products||Women's Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Handbags, China|
The brand has been worn by a number of Hollywood actresses on the red carpet including: Penélope Cruz, Blake Lively, Jennifer Lopez, Kate Hudson, Cameron Diaz, Selena Gomez, Halle Berry, Leighton Meester, Rihanna, Eva Longoria, Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Emma Watson, Olivia Wilde, Kristen Stewart, Nikki Reed and Hailee Steinfeld. Sandra Bullock wore Marchesa at the 2010 Academy Awards, where she won Best Actress and was also named among the best dressed by readers of the Huffington Post.
Most recently Marchesa has collaborated with Le Métier de Beauté to bring a cosmetics line to the masses featuring the palettes of designers Chapman & Craig.
- Marchesa was featured on the cover of Vogue magazine's September issue, the same issue was the subject of the 2009 documentary The September Issue starring Anna Wintour.
- Marchesa was also featured on the front cover of the New York Times during New York Fall Fashion Week on February 19, 2010.
- Marchesa also designed the wedding dress of Nicole Richie who married Joel Madden in December 2010
Marchesa is named after socialite Marchesa Luisa Casati. British born Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig met at Chelsea College of Art and Design in London. Georgina, a 2001 graduate of the Wimbledon School of Art, began her career as a costume designer. Keren graduated from Brighton Art College in 2000 and subsequently focused on print and embroidery design. Georgina’s draping and design paired with Keren’s textile creations resulted in the establishment of Marchesa in 2004.
- Sandra Bullock Oscar BEST DRESSED
- Marchesa at Neiman Marcus
- Marchesa at Bergdorf Goodman
- Marchesa at Net-A-Porter
- Melissa Magsaysay (2010-03-07). "All the Rage - Oscar red carpet: Zoe Saldana, Vera Farmiga in full swirl". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2014-03-19.
- Notte by Marchesa
- Women's Wear Daily - Marchesa Handbags
- Marchesa Handbags
- Marchesa Bridal
- Marchesa by Lenox
- Marchesa x Le Métier de Beauté
- Georgina Chapman featured on Gossip Girl
- New York Times Fall Fashion