|Member of the Kansas Senate
from the 2nd district
April 22, 1950 |
Prairie Village, Kansas
|Alma mater||University of Kansas|
Marci Francisco is a Democratic member of the Kansas Senate, representing the 2nd District since 2005. She was mayor of Lawrence, Kansas, from 1981 to 1983 and City Commissioner from 1979 to 1983. She is married to Joe Bickford.
- Natural Resources
- Joint Committee on Arts and Cultural Resources
- Federal and State Affairs
- Joint Committee on State Building Construction
Francisco sponsored a bill regarding criminal trial procedures and she co-sponsored many other bills, including bills relating to food safety regulations and wildlife.
The top contributors to Francisco's 2008 campaign, according to the National Institute on Money in State Politics: Senate Democrats Committee, Kansans for Lifesaving Cures, Kansas Trial Lawyers Association, Life Sciences Fund of the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce PA and PAC, and others. Her largest donor groups were lawyers, lobbyists, and business associations.
- Profile from the Kansas Senate Website
- Project Vote Smart Bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Biography from the Kansas Democratic Party