Life and career
Marcia Citron graduated from Brooklyn College with a BA in 1966 and from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a MA in 1968 and a PhD in 1971. She has been recognized with the Martha and Henry Malcolm Lovett Distinguished Service Professor of Musicology award, and has received grants from National Endowment for the Humanities, the German Academic and Exchange Service and Rice University. She is a member of the American Musicological Society and has served as committee chair.
Selected book publications include:
- Letters of Fanny Hensel to Felix Mendelssohn
- Cécile Chaminade: A Bio-Bibliography
- Gender and the Musical Canon
- Opera on Screen
She has also published numerous articles dealing with music history and analysis.
- "MARCIA J. CITRON: Martha and Henry Malcolm Lovett Distinguished Service Professor of Musicology". Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- "Marcia Citron". Retrieved 15 February 2012.