Marcia Clark at the 2011 Texas Book Festival
|Born||Marcia Rachel Kleks
August 31, 1953
Berkeley, California, United States
|Spouse(s)||Gabriel Horowitz (1976-1981; divorced)
Gordon Tolls Clark (1981-1995; divorced; 2 children)
Clark was born in Berkeley, California, to a Jewish family. She graduated from Susan E. Wagner High School, a public high school in the Manor Heights section of Staten Island. She graduated from UCLA in 1976 with a degree in Political Science, then earned a J.D. at Southwestern University School of Law. She was admitted to the State Bar of California in 1979.
Clark was a prosecutor for the State of California, County of Los Angeles, best remembered for her involvement in the O.J. Simpson murder case along with Christopher Darden. Prior to the O.J. Simpson murder case, her most high-profile prosecution was in 1991, when she prosecuted Robert John Bardo for the murder of television star Rebecca Schaeffer.
With Teresa Carpenter, she authored a book, Without a Doubt, about the Simpson case, in a deal reported to be worth $4.2 million. Clark was on leave from her job following Simpson's acquittal in 1995, and officially resigned in 1997, before the release of her book.
In the years following the Simpson trial, Clark has made numerous appearances on television including being a "special correspondent" for Entertainment Tonight, where she provided coverage of high profile trials and reported from the red carpet at awards shows such as the Emmys. She was a guest attorney on the short-lived television show Power of Attorney and was also featured on Headline News (HLN) to weigh in on the Casey Anthony trial.
Clark was married to Gabriel Horowitz from 1976 to 1981. They had no children. She married her second husband, Gordon Clark, in 1981. They were divorced in 1995, and have two sons.
- Clark, Marcia and Carpenter, Teresa (1997). Without a Doubt. New York: Viking Press. ISBN 0-670-87089-7
- Clark, Marcia (2012). Guilt By Association. New York: Hatchette Book Group London: Mulholland Books. ISBN 0-316-19896-X
- Clark, Marcia (2012). Guilt By Degrees. New York: Hatchette Book Group London: Mulholland Books. ISBN 0-316-12953-4
- Marcia Clark at the Internet Movie Database
- Interview in SHOTS Crime and Thriller Ezine June 2011
- California State Bar Entry for Marcia Clark