|Full name||Marcin Wasilewski|
|Date of birth||9 June 1980|
|Place of birth||Kraków, Poland|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in) |
|Playing position||Right back / Centre back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:25, 1 February 2015 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Marcin Wasilewski (Polish pronunciation: [ˈmart͡ɕin vaɕiˈlɛfskʲi]; born 9 June 1980 in Kraków), commonly known as Wasyl, is a Polish defender currently playing for Leicester City and the Poland national football team. He previously played for R.S.C. Anderlecht.
Early in his career he played for Polish clubs Hutnik Kraków, Śląsk Wrocław, and Wisła Płock. In 2005, he moved to Amica Wronki which merged with Lech Poznań in 2006. In January 2007 he was acquired by the Belgian side Anderlecht.
Wasilewski is a right back. Despite being a defensive player, Wasilewski often scores goals. During the 2008–09 season, he was Anderlecht's third most prolific goalscorer, tied with Guillaume Gillet at 8 goals.
On 30 August 2009, Wasilewski suffered an open leg fracture in the 24th minute of the 1–1 Jupiler League draw between Anderlecht and Standard Liège when Liège's Axel Witsel made a challenge. Witsel was red carded for the offence. Wasilewski underwent corrective surgery for open fractures to both the tibia and fibula. Witsel was suspended for 8 games by the Belgian FA over the incident, after an appeal.
After a long rehabilitation, Wasilewski made his return on 8 May 2010. Wasilewski celebrated his return to Anderlecht's first eleven with the opening goal of his side's 2–1 win at SV Zulte Waregem.
His drive to return was rewarded with a new contract until the summer of 2013, with the club talking about him as "a club monument, who had to deliver an inhuman battle". 
Wasilewski and Witsel, now at Zenit St. Petersburg, met again on the field on 24 October 2012 in a UEFA Champions League group match. Wasilewski announced in advance that he will refuse to shake hands with Witsel before the game, with Anderlecht management accepting his decision. However, he ultimately changed his mind and accepted Witsel's hand, claiming that he didn't want to turn the atmosphere of the match into a personal duel. Zenit won the game 1–0.
On 14 September 2013, Marcin Wasilewski was reported to be on trial with Leicester City in the English Championship, in the hope of landing a contract. On 17 September Wasilewski was confirmed as signing for The Foxes on a one year contract. He made his debut in a League Cup third round match against Derby County on 24 September, playing the entire match as Leicester won 2–1. On 30 November 2013, a coach-full of Anderlecht fans travelled to Leicester's King Power Stadium to support Marcin at his new club. There were emotional scenes after Marcin played a key role in City's 3–0 win over Millwall. Wasilewski established himself as a first-team regular as Leicester finished the season as Championship champions and secured their return to the Premier League. On 22 May 2014, Wasilewski extended his contract by a further year.
Wasilewski made his Premier League debut on 1 November 2014, in the 0-1 defeat against West Bromwich Albion, during which Wasilewski appeared to elbow opposing striker, Saido Berahino, however The FA cleared the defender.
- Leicester City
- Scores and results list Poland's goal tally first.
|1.||6 December 2006||Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi||United Arab Emirates||2–0||5–2||Friendly|
|2.||2 June 2012||Pepsi Arena, Warsaw||Andorra||4–0||4–0||Friendly|
- "Barclays Premier League: notification of shirt numbers" (PDF). Premier League. p. 10. Retrieved 16 August 2014.
- "Barclays Premier League Player Profile Marcin Wasilewski". web page. Premier League. 2014. Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- "Witsel handed lengthy ban". Sky Sports.
- Koźmiński, Piort (10 March 2010). "Wasilewski grateful for Anderlecht return". uefa.com. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- Scholten, Berend (1 February 2011). "Anderlecht reward Wasilewski for winning battle". uefa.com. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- "No handshake between Wasyl and Witsel". anderlecht-online.be. 24 October 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2013.
- "Champions League: The latest on Anderlecht". http://en.fc-zenit.ru. 24 October 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2013.
- Hubbard, Ryan (14 September 2013). "Wasilewski on trial at Leicester City". EKSTRAKLASAreview.co.uk. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- "Foxes complete Wasilewski signing". www.LCFC.com. Leicester City F.C. 17 September 2013. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- Leicester 2 – 1 Derby, BBC Sport, 24 Sep 2013, retrieved 2 Jan 2014
- Leicester City 3 Millwall 0 – match report: Emphatic win sees City top Championship, Leicester Mercury, 30 Nov 2013, retrieved 2 Jan 2014
- "Premier League: Leicester defender Marcin Wasilewski avoids FA action". Sky Sports. 3 November 2014. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- FIFA World Cup - Wasilewski - UEFA.com, UEFA.com, retrieved 2 Jan 2014
- Marcin Wasilewski career statistics at Soccerbase
- Polish league stats (Polish)
- National team stats on the website of the Polish Football Association (Polish)