June 11, 1982 |
Columbus, Ohio, United States
|Occupation||iOS, Web developer|
|Known for||Tumblr, Instapaper, Build and Analyze, The Magazine, Accidental Tech Podcast|
Marco Arment (born June 11, 1982) is an American iOS and web developer, as well as a technology writer and magazine editor, living in Hastings-on-Hudson, New York. He is known for co-founding Tumblr and creating Instapaper.
He attended Allegheny College in Meadville, PA.
Marco worked as a lead developer of the Tumblr blogging platform from Tumblr's founding in February 2007 until September 2010. He left Tumblr (which has approximately 2 million registered accounts and hosted over 38 million blogs as of December 2011) to concentrate fully on Instapaper, a bookmark and reading service. Marco announced on April 25, 2013 that he had sold the controlling interest in Instapaper to Betaworks 
Between November 2010 and December 2012, Marco hosted a podcast show, Build and Analyze, together with Dan Benjamin on 5by5 Studios. More recently, he has hosted the Neutral and Accidental Tech Podcasts with John Siracusa and Casey Liss.
In October 2012, Marco released The Magazine, an iOS exclusive publication that comes out every other week.
- Williams, Alex (February 15, 2013). "Creating Hipsturbia". The New York Times. Retrieved February 16, 2014.
- Akhtar, Iyaz. "5 Questions with Tumblr’s Marco Arment". Retrieved 2010-07-06.
- Alexia Tsotsis (September 21, 2010). "Marco Arment Leaves Tumblr To Devote Himself To Instapaper". TechCrunch. Retrieved December 21, 2011.
- "Instapaper Press Information and Resources". Retrieved December 22, 2011.
- "About Tumblr". Retrieved December 22, 2011.
- Nick Bilton (September 23, 2010). "Leaving Tumblr for Instapaper". The New York Times. Retrieved December 21, 2011.
- Lydia Dishman (November 1, 2010). "Instapaper Founder Marco Arment's Journey From Bagel Jockey to Publishing Pioneer". Fast Company. Retrieved December 21, 2011.
- "About Marco.org". Retrieved January 29, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marco Arment.|