||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
24 December 1970 |
|Genres||Jazz, rock, heavy metal, instrumental, electronica, experimental, progressive rock|
|Occupations||Musician, composer, engineer, producer|
|Instruments||Drums, guitar, bass, keyboards, vocals, organ, percussion|
|Associated acts||Steven Wilson|
He has many solo CDs (check the discography section) on which he plays most of the instruments and sings, and he is constantly working as a composer and session recording artist.
His work as an educational book author along with Rick Gratton brought out three books including the award-winning and in many magazines as #1 voted Extreme Independence. Also one of his DVDs Extreme Drumming won polls and achieved Marco a Telly Award.
He has worked with guitarist Paul Gilbert on his solo album called Space Ship One and was also involved in the development of the "Space Ship One Live" DVD (both released in 2005).
He did a trio tour with Terry Bozzio and Chad Wackerman and on numerous clinic tours around the world. His educational book Maximum Minnemann was released in August 2006. His DVD "The Marco Show", with featured artists Mike Keneally, Bryan Beller and the Buddy Rich Big Band, was released in 2007.
His instructional DVD Extreme Drumming was published in 2003 by Warner Brothers. In October 2007, he was announced as a member of new band UKZ with Eddie Jobson (ex-Zappa), Trey Gunn (ex-King Crimson) and Alex Machacek (virtuoso guitar player). Marco toured with death metalists Necrophagist on the Summer Slaughter tour 2007 which is featured on their live DVD released in 2008.
He's part of the progressive Rock power trio "KMB" (Keneally/Minnemann/Beller), which performs music from all three members' solo albums as well as original material and improvised "jams". Minnemann has performed several times as the drummer in "The Mike Keneally Band" along with KMB-mates Mike Keneally and Bryan Beller.
Minnemann performed three concerts in Poland in November 2009 as part of Eddie Jobson's Ultimate Zero (UZ) project. The line-up also featured John Wetton, Greg Howe (guitar) and Tony Levin (stick bass). They performed music from UK and King Crimson. It was the first time in 30 years Eddie Jobson and John Wetton played together after UK disbanded.
Marco was on tour with Adrian Belew Power Trio in 2010. He also was part of the Dream Theater drummer auditions that same year after Mike Portnoy left the band. He ended up in the second place, with Mike Mangini winning the audition.
He recorded for XTC's Andy Partridge along with Mike Keneally for a CD release for 2012.
He played with Steven Wilson on the "Grace for drowning" tour 2011–12, appearing in the live DVD "Get All You Deserve", and recorded drums for Wilson's 2013 album The Raven That Refused to Sing (And Other Stories), as well as playing drums on the following tour in support of the album.
The Aristocrats DVD "Boing! We'll do it live".
Marco's touring with his band Aristocrats, Steven Wilson and Joe Satriani in 2013.
Currently Minneman is touring with Joe Satriani as his drummer for the "Unstopable Momentum" tour 2013.
- Ultimate Play Along Drum Trax.
- Extreme Interdependence: Drumming Beyond Independence (With Audio CD) – Nov 2001
- Maximum Minnemann 2006
- Marco Minnemann: Live in L.A. – October 2007
- Extreme Drumming 2003
- The Marco Show 2006
- Thickness Illegal Aliens-1996
- Red Alibis Illegal Aliens-1997
- Time- Illegal Aliens 1998
- The Green Mindbomb- 1998
- Comfortably Homeless- 1999
- International Telephone Illegal Aliens- 2000
- Motor Minnemann/ Brinkmann- 2002
- Orchids- 2002
- Normalizer Minnemann/ Mario Brinkmann- 2003
- Broken Orange- 2003
- Mieze- 2004
- Disarmed Brinkmann, Minnemann, Trentini- 2005
- Swine Songs-best of- 2006
- Contraire de la chanson- 2006
- Housewifedogandtwokids- 2007
- A mouth of God-2008
- Normalizer 2- 2010
- "The Shining"- Minnemann, Brinkmann-2010
- "S+M"-Shiloh-Sheray, Marco Minnemann-2011
- "The Aristocrats"-2011
- "Evil Smiles Of Beauty/Sound Of Crime"-2012
- "Symbolic Fox" – 2012
- "The Aristocrats-BOING! We'll do it live"-2012
- "The Aristocrats"-Culture Clash-2013
- Levin Minnemann Rudess- 2013
Selected recordings with other artists
- FFW "Senseless Wonder"- 1992
- FFW "Mao Mak Maa"- 1993
- FFW "Culture Shock"- 1995
- FFW "Hula"-1997
- H-Blockx "Fly Eyes"- 1996
- H-Blockx "Bang Boom Bang"- 1998
- Wolfgang Schmid "Special Kick"- 2001
- Wolfgang Schmid " A swift Kick"- 2003
- Silver −2000
- Silver "Dream Machines"- 2003
- Gary Barden- 2004
- Das Ueberschall-Kleutgen, Sistos, Minnemann live at the Baked Potato 2003
- Nena "feat. Nena"- 2003
- Paddy Kelly "In exile" (producer, arranger and multi instrumentalist)-2004
- Phi Yaan-Zek "Solar Flare"- 2005
- Paul Gilbert "Burning Organ"- 2001
- Paul Gilbert "Space Ship One"- 2005
- Paul Gilbert "Space Ship Live"- DVD- 2005
- Marco Ferrigno "Hanging Gardens"-2006
- Mario Brinkmann "Engineer"- 2007
- Illogicist-"The insight eye" 2007
- Necrophagist-Summer Slaughter DVD 2008
- Shiloh-Sheray- "the way we are"-2009
- Ephel Duath-Through My Dog's Eyes 2009
- George Bellas -Planetary Alignment-2008
- George Bellas -Step into the Future-2009
- George Bellas -The Dawn of Time-2010
- Adam Nitti – Liminal (2009) (Drums on "The Reinassance Man/Rebirth" and "Il Cuore Del Campione")
- Mike Keneally "Scambot". release for 2009
- Bryan Beller "Thanks in advance" 2008
- Jason Sadites "WEVE" 2009
- Matte Henderson w David Torn and Tony Levin release for 2009
- Necrophagist-"Summer Slaughter 2007" live in Toronto DVD
- UKZ- "Radiation" EP Eddie Jobson, Trey Gunn, Alex Machacek, Aaron Lippert, Marco Minnemann 2009
- Theodore Ziras "Territory 4", 2009
- Dr. Zoltan Øbelisk – Why I Am So Wise, Why I Am So Clever, And Why I Write Such Good Songs (2009)
- Alex Machacek – 24 Tales (2010)
- Trey Gunn/Marco Minneman – "Modulator" (2010)
- Jason Sadites/Marco Minnemann – "Behind The Laughter" (2010)
- Mike Keneally "Evidence of Humanity" (2010)
- Eddie Jobson's UZ Live 2 CD set (2011)
- Tony MacAlpine (2011)
- Musical Mind Meld (w Jordan Rudess and Daniel Jakubovic)
- The Aristocrats "The Aristocrats" (Bryan Beller, Marco Minnemann, Guthrie Govan) (2011)
- Steven Wilson – Catalog / Preserve / Amass, Live 2012
- Paul Cusick "P'dice" (2011)
- Ephel Duath, On Death And Cosmos, 2012
- UK, Live in Japan, 2012
- Steven Wilson, Get all you deserve Blu-Ray, DVD, CD, 2012
- Mike Keneally/Andy Partridge, Wingbeat fantastic, 2012
- Forward Shapes "Legacy" 2012
- Sylencer – A Lethal Dose of Truth, 2012 (Guest Drummer on "Wired in the Blood")
- Jimmy Pitts/Marco Minnemann – "2L2B Normal", 2012
- The Aristocrats – BOING! We'll do it Live, 2012
- Steven Wilson – The Raven That Refused To Sing (and other stories), 2013
- The Aristocrats - Culture Clash, 2013
- Mike Keneally - You must be this tall, 2013
- Steven Wilson, Drive Home Blu-Ray, DVD, CD, 2013
- Aaron Ruimy/Marco Minnemann – "A Few Minor Modifications", 2013
- Ephel Duath, "Hemmed By Light, Shaped By Darkness", 2013
- The Telly Award in 2004.
- "Adrian Belew Interview : Guitar Interviews | GuitarInternational.com". Retrieved 2011-04-26.
- "Live in L.A. (DVD): Marco Minnemann, Drum Workshop: Movies & TV". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-10-22.