||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
He graduated in architecture at Politecnico di Milano and founded STUDIODADA in 1977, that was one of the main design offices of the radical period. In 1990 he opens his own brand, Studio Marco Piva, with activities ranging from large architectural projects for tourist facilities, to interior design, masterplan and finally industrial design.
From 1987 to 1990 was member of the Presidential Board of Associazione per il Disegno Industriale (ADI), the Industrial Design Association. In 1987, Marco Piva also founded IDA, International Design Agency, an Italian interface for a World Design Network system.
In 2001, a variety of experiences in strategic consulting in the field of design and hotel hospitality culminated in consulting with the hospitality division of * (Italian) Federlegno - Arredo. In 2002, “Atelier Design” was established, the Studio’s atelier which was created as a centre for industrial design research and development.
Meantime, this remarkable activity has been combined with teaching positions at universities and design institutes both in Italy and abroad, and the organisation of the post-graduate Master’s degree program at the Politecnico di Milano, the Polytechnic School of Design and the Istituto Europeo di Design in Milan.
- Osaka Gas Corporation Ltd. “Building”– Osaka, (apartment interior design, 1992-1994)
- Hotel dei Cavalieri Milan, (7th floor and meeting rooms interior design, 2000-2002) – Milan
- Hotel Carrobbio – Milan, Interior Design, 1997-1999
- Eurocongressi Hotel – Cavaion – Verona, Interior Design, 1998-2000
- Starhotel Michelangelo – Florence, Interior Design, 1998-2000
- Lowry Hotel - Manchester, Suite Interior Design
- Laguna Terminal, Laguna Palace & Laguna Suites – Venice Mestre, Architecture & Interior Design, 2000-2002
- Palace Hotel Congress Centre – Como
- Port Palace – Montecarlo - principality of Monaco, Interior Design, 2002-2004
- T Hotel – Cagliari (Sardinia, Italy), (Architecture & Interior Design, 2003-2005)  Foto
- Hotel Mirage – Kazan, Russia Architecture & Interior Design, 2001-2003 
- Sicis The Art Factory – Milan, Interior Design, 2003-2004 
- Hotel Exedra (suites) – Rome (Italy), Suites Interior Design, 2005
- Le Terrazze - Carità di Villorba, Treviso (Italy), Architecture 2006-2011
- Oceana Hotel - Dubai, Interior Design, 2005 -
- High Performance Sloop – The Netherlands
- Hotel Tower – Bologne (Italy), Interior Design, 2006-2010
- Move Hotel - Mogliano Veneto (Italy), Interior Design, 2009-2011
- Net Center – B4 Hotel, Padua, Interior Design 2005-2008
- Tiara Hotel – Dubai, Interior Design, 2006-2010
- Porto Dubai – Dubai, Master Plan, 2006
- Club Med – Caprera, Sardinia (Italy), Master Plan Concept, 2006
- Hotel Excelsior Gallia, Milan, Architecture, Landscape, Lighting, Interior Design, 2010 -in progress
- Beijing Feng-Tai, Concept design, Master Plan, 2011
Awards and aknowledgement
- Triennale - Milan
- Landesgewerbemt Museum - Stuttgart
- Design Center - Cologne
- Kortrijk Design Biennale Interieur - Kortrijk
- European Community Design Prize - Seville
- Una Camera per l’Europa - Genoa
- Contract World Award – Hannover
- The European Hotel Design Awards - London
- Hospitality Award 2009 –  Innovation
- Best Communicator Award, Marmomacc 2010, Verona 
- ADI Design Index 2011 for the design of MGM Furnari
- Light Hours - Salon du Meuble, Paris
- Marco Piva Designs for Tomorrow – Host, Milan
- Design Bar, Il Caos Felice – Sia Guest, Rimini
- Sicis Teatro, L’arte dell’abitare tra materia e luce – CRT Teatro dell’Arte, Milan, 2006
- Marco Piva Notebook Design Party – Teatro dell’Arte, I Saloni 2008, Milano
- Interni Design Energies – Limitless Color Tower – "University of Milan"
- Beauty Cave – Interni Think Tank – Università degli Studi di Milano 
- La mano del Designer – disegni di Marco Piva – Villa Necchi Campiglio – Triennale Bovisa, Milano
- Marmomacc Meets Design “Irregolare Eccezionale” – Marmomacc 2010, Verona Fiere
- Tron Designs Corian – Milan Furniture Fair 2011 
- "Interior Design Residenze Hadid e Libeskin" (in Italian). Edilia2000.it.
- "ADI, Industrial Design Association website".
- "IDA Milano". founded in 1987 by Marco Piva, official website.
- "Politecnico di Milano website".
- "Scuola Politecnica di Design". official website.
- "IED website".
- "Hotel dei Cavalieri website". Hotel dei Cavalieri.
- "T Hotel Cagliari (IT)". official website.
- "Mirage Hotel (Kazan) built by the Italian architect and designer Marco Piva".
- "SICIS showroom in Milan". SICIS website.
- "Hotel Exedra in Rome, suites".
- "R&D website, Hospitality Award Assignation".
- "Best Communicator Award, Marmomacc 2010".
- "ADI Design Index website, award to Marco Piva design".
- "pdf of the exhibition "Interni Think Thank"".
- "From the official Dupont website, Tron Designs Corian designer's list".
- "Marco Piva design for Deko Collezioni".
- "Marco Piva "Moove Collection" for Jacuzzi". Official Jacuzzi website.
- "Marco Piva design for La Murrina". Official La Murrina website.
- "Marco Piva lighting design". Leucos.com.
- "Marco Piva design". Pedrali.it.
- "Marco Piva "Bamboo design". for Rubinetterie Stella.
- "pdv of Vitrum collection designed by Marco Piva for VDA".
- "Marco Piva design". for Valpra.
- Marco Piva Official website
- Tharaa Holding unveils Hadara brand & signature projects by Marco Piva
- Project Concepts
- Marco Piva CV on Edilportale
- Marco Piva as Marble Designer: a gallery