Marco Salvador (born 10 November 1948) is an Italian writer and historian.
Born in San Lorenzo di Arzene, Friuli, Salvador published several historical essays, especially about Middle Ages. He also published six historical novel, starting from Il Longobardo (2004), dealing with the story of the Lombard 7th-century king Rothari, with which he won the "Città di Cuneo" award. This was followed by La vendetta del Longobardo (2005) and L'ultimo Longobardo, both set during the Lombard domination of Italy.
His last novel, La palude degli eroi (2009), is set in the 13th century, and tells the last years of the rule of the Ghibelline lord Ezzelino IV da Romano.
- Il Longobardo (2004)
- La casa del quarto comandamento (2004)
- La vendetta del Longobardo (2005)
- L'ultimo longobardo (2006)
- Il maestro di giustizia (2007)
- La palude degli eroi (2009)
- L'educazione friulana (2010)