|Traded as||BM&F Bovespa: POMO3, POMO4|
|the Americas, Western Europe, South Africa, India, Australia, New Zealand|
|Paulo Bellini, (Chairman)
Jose Rubens De La Rosa, (CEO)
|Products||Intercity, Urban, Micro and Mini Buses|
|Revenue||US$ 1.6 billion (2013)|
|US$ 122.1 million (2013)|
Number of employees
New Flyer Industries (19.99%)
Tata Marcopolo (49%)
|Slogan||Thinking Ahead is Creating the Future|
Marcopolo S.A. (BM&F Bovespa:Marcopolo) is a Brazilian bus and coach manufacturer founded on August 6, 1949, in the southern Brazilian city of Caxias do Sul, state of Rio Grande do Sul. The company manufactures the bodies for a whole range of coaches, e.g. microbus, intercity and touring coach. Marcopolo produces over half of the bus bodies made in Brazil and exports its coaches to more than 60 countries.
Currently Marcopolo has four plants in Brazil and plants in Argentina, Australia, Colombia, India, Mexico, and South Africa, in addition to the technology that will be transferred to China. Recently[when?] it announced a joint-venture with Tata Motors to enter the Indian market. Marcopolo closed its plant in Portugal in September 2009.
In 1953, Marcopolo starts the production of the first steel structures.
- Ciferal - focuses on urban operations,
- Volare - dedicated to the development, production and commercialization of the V5, V6, V8, W8, and W9 models of the School bus, Municipal, Tourism/Freight, Easy Access and Mobile Unit sectors.
- Tata Marcopolo Bus (Joint venture with Tata Motors in India)
- SUPERPOLO S.A.
- MVC - which started its activities operating in the automotive industry and gradually broadened its operations, introducing its plastic products to the light industry and infra-structure markets, etc.
- Moneo - the financial service unit of Marcopolo.
- Volgren - is an Australian bodywork company owned by Marcopolo.
Products - Marcopolo division
- Ideale 770
- Andare Class
- Viaggio series
- Paradiso series
- Viale series
- Ideale 600
- Temple only in colombia from SUPERPOLO S.A.
- Listo only in colombia from SUPERPOLO S.A.
Iguazu Falls National Park Bus by Marcopolo
- Tata Hispano
- Van Hool
- VDL Bova
- VDL Berkhof
- VDL Jonckheere
- Marcopolo S.A. website (English)
- Buses Volare en Chile Representante Comercial Marcopolo S.A. website (Español)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marcopolo vehicles.|