Marcos António Elias Santos
|Full name||Marcos Antônio Elias Santos|
|Date of birth||25 May 1983|
|Place of birth||Alagoinhas, Brazil|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Johor Darul Takzim F.C.|
|2003||→ Académica (loan)||12||(0)|
|2006–2007||→ União Leiria (loan)||29||(1)|
|2008–2009||→ PAOK (loan)||12||(1)|
|2012–2014||1. FC Nuremberg||1||(0)|
|2014–||Johor Darul Takzim F.C.||17||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of May 03, 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
He signed a one-year contract on loan, but PAOK FC had an option to buy him out after its expiration. Marcos Antonio scored the first goal for PAOK in the 2008–09 Greek Superleague in his first appearance. He finished the season at PAOK and then returned to Auxerre.
In April 2009, Marcos António was diagnosed with throat cancer. He had first complained about a sore throat two months earlier, but did not discover the cause until his wife insisted that he visit an otolaryngologist.
FC Rapid Bucureşti
1. FC Nuremberg
In June 2012, he signed a contract with 1. FC Nuremberg until 2014. He made his debut for Der Club in the DFB-Pokal against TSV Havelse. On 29 September, he made his Bundesliga debut against VfB Stuttgart, but made two bad errors early in the game, and was substituted after 15 minutes.
Johor Darul Ta'zim
In April 2014, he signed a contract with Johor Darul Ta'zim to replace Baihakki Khaizan in their defence. He played for his new club in a home game against title rival, Pahang, in the FA Cup semi-final first leg, keeping the visitor's forward, Dickson Nwakaeme, at bay. He almost got his first goal for his new club, but his header on the far post was not on target. He finally score his 1st goal in Malaysia Super League to help JDT beat Pahang FA by 2-0 in the 36th minutes. On 12 April 2015, he got scored the fist goal
- Super League: 2014 Malaysia Super League
- Malaysia Cup: 2014 Malaysia Cup Runner-up
- Malaysia Charity Shield: 2015 Charity Shield
- "PAOK Strike Muslimović Deal". Goal.com. 14 July 2008. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "La triste histoire de Marcos Antonio" (in French). L'Equipe. 22 September 2009. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Marcos António venceu o cancro e assina agora pelo Belenenses" (in Portuguese). futebolportugal.clix.pt. 22 January 2010. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "FUTEBOL: Marcos António é o segundo reforço" (in Portuguese). Os Belenenses. Retrieved 22 July 2012.[dead link]
- Funk, Martin; Toskitsis, Nikos (17 June 2012). "Neuzugang Marcos Antonio hat Kämpferherz: Seinen größten Sieg feierte er gegen den Krebs". Bild.de (in German). Axel Springer AG. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Havelse siegt verdient – Nürnberg blamiert sich". kicker online (in German). Olympia-Verlag GmbH. 19 August 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Desolate Leistung gegen Stuttgart: Nürnberg-Verteidiger in der 16. Minute ausgewechselt". Spiegel Online (in German). 29 September 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2013.