With Kuban in 2012
|Full name||Marcos Pinheiro Pizzelli|
|Date of birth||3 October 1984|
|Place of birth||Piracicaba, Brazil|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
(loan from Krasnodar)
|2008–2009||→ ASA Issy (loan)|
|2014–||→ FC Aktobe (loan)||28||(8)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 November 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Marcos Pizzelli (Armenian: Մարկոս Պինեյրո Պիցցելլի, born on 3 October 1984) is a Brazilian-born Armenian football player who currently plays midfielder for the Armenian national team and for Kazakhstan Premier League club FC Aktobe on loan from FC Krasnodar.
He started his career at the Brazilian club São Carlos as a youth from 2000 to 2005. In 2006, the young talent spotted by an agent from Ararat Yerevan, which soon recruited Pizzelli. His debut took place on 30 April in a game against Ulisses. Pizzelli entered the field in the 58th minute of the match, replacing Tigran Yesayan. His first goal for Ararat happened on 16 June in another game against Ulisses. For the first season Pizzelli focused on adaptation, and the next was on scoring goals. With its high performance, Pizzelli was the leading scorer in the Armenian Premier League twice with Ararat, scoring 22 goals during the 2007 Armenian Premier League and scoring 17 goals during that 2008 Armenian Premier League. As a result of the financial problems that have befallen Ararat, the club has decided to loan Pizzelli to the amateur club of the French 5th Division - Ararat (Issy-les-Moulineaux).
Six months later, in the summer of 2009, Pizzelli's contract with Ararat ended, and, as a free agent, he accepted the invitation of FC Yerevan Pyunik. In July, a long-term contract was made. With Pizzelli playing for Pyunik, the club won the 2009 Armenian Premier League and 2010 Armenian Premier League, won the 2009 Armenian Cup and 2010 Armenian Cup and won the 2010 Armenian Supercup. In the 10th round of the 2010 Armenian Premier League, Marcos had his 100th match in the Premier League in the history of his performance. That season, Pizzelli became the top goalscorer for a third time along with Armenian Gevorg Ghazaryan, with both scoring 16 goals. In the middle of the 2011 Armenian Premier League, Pizzelli had scored 6 goals, but was then transferred to Metalurh Donetsk.
In June 2011, he signed a contract with Metalurh Donetsk, along with Pyunik teammate Gevorg Ghazaryan. In his first official match for the Donetsk club, Pizzelli scored a goal, and this goal, scored against Chornomorets Odesa, was the only one in the match. In the higher level championship, Pizzelli became much more difficult to play. Scoring as it was possible in the Armenian Premier League had not worked. However, the reduction of statistics is not only related to this factor. In Metalurh, according to the plans of the coach, he had Pizzelli not to act as a central striker and instead play the position of attacking midfielder. In rare cases, crossing the center line on the flanks.
In January 2012, Pizzelli joined Kuban Krasnodar. In 2011, in a match between Russia and Armenia, the head coach of Team Kuban Dan Petrescu spotted Pizzelli and was interested in the player. After a long observation of the game of Pizzelli, Petrescu has agreed to acquire the player. On 13 January, they signed a contract for three years. On 18 March, Pizzelli scored the first goal in the Russian Premier League and brought Kuban the win over Rubin Kazan. Pizzelli was voted player of the month for Kuban a second time in May 2012.
In May 2013, Pizzelli agreed to join Kuban Krasnodar's rivals FC Krasnodar on a two year contract starting on 10 June 2013. After six months with Krasnodar, Pizzelli joined Kazakhstan Premier League side Aktobe on a season-long loan in January 2014.
In May 2008, he received Armenian citizenship and became a member of the Armenia national team. He made his first appearance on 28 May 2008 and scored on his debut in a friendly away game against Moldova. The match ended with the score 2-2. After playing 3 games that year, he was briefly no longer invited to the national team. After moving to Yerevan to play for Pyunik, he again came to the attention of coaches and 12 August 2009 Marcos again played for the Armenian national team regularly. On 8 October 2010 in a match against Slovakia, he made a scoring pass to Yura Movsisyan, and a few days later, he scored Armenia's 4th goal in a game against Andorra. That victory then went on to secure Armenia's by that time highest ever FIFA World Ranking as 42nd. For his second goal for the national squad, Pizzelli scored in an away match with Russia (1:3). His third goal for the team scored in am away match against Andorra in which Armenia won 3-0. His fourth goal for the national team scored in the match against Macedonia, in which Armenia won 4-1. In a friendly game, which was held 29 February 2012 against Team Canada, marked the first time in his double gate rivals. On 11 September 2012, Pizzelli was controversially sent off in a 2014 World Cup qualifier against Bulgaria.
Marcos is married to his wife Natalia. They met in Brazil and she moved with him to Armenia. Marcos and Natalia do not have children yet. Pizzelli can speak Portuguese, Armenian, English and is currently learning Russian. He identifies himself as Brazilian-Armenian. Pizzelli says he feels more Armenian than Brazilian. Marcos says he would never forget about Armenia, which gave him an opportunity to develop his skills. "I am grateful to this country for everything. I would play for Armenia as long as the squad needs me." Marcos and his wife Natalia have a dog named Liza.
- Player of the Month (1): July 2011
Updated 29 September 2014.
|1||2008-5-28||Sheriff Stadium, Tiraspol, Moldova||Moldova||0-1||2–2||Friendly match|
|2||2010-10-12||Hanrapetakan Stadium, Yerevan, Armenia||Andorra||4–0||4–0||Euro 2012 Q|
|3||2011-6-4||Petrovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg, Russia||Russia||0-1||3–1||Euro 2012 Q|
|4||2011-9-2||Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall, Andorra la Vella, Andorra||Andorra||0-1||0-3||Euro 2012 Q|
|5||2011-10-7||Hanrapetakan Stadium, Yerevan, Armenia||Macedonia||1-0 ||4-1||Euro 2012 Q|
|6||2012-2-29||Tsirion Stadium, Limassol, Cyprus||Canada||1-1||1-3||Friendly match|
|7||2012-2-29||Tsirion Stadium, Limassol, Cyprus||Canada||1-2||1-3||Friendly match|
- Մարկոս. 100 խաղ առաջնությունում (in Armenian). www.armsport.am. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- Первые новички донецкого "Металлурга" (in Russian). metallurg.donetsk.ua. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- МАРКОС ПИЦЦЕЛЛИ: Я СДЕЛАЛ ШАГ ВПЕРЕД (in Russian). www.fckuban.ru. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- МАРКОС ПИЦЦЕЛЛИ СТАЛ ИГРОКОМ "КУБАНИ" (in Russian). www.fckuban.ru. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- Մարկոս Պիզելին լավագույնն է երկրորդ ամիսն անընդմեջ (in Armenian). sport.news.am. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "Marcos Pizzelli changes Russian club". sport.news.am. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Marcos Pizzelli joins Kazakh club". sport.news.am. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- Մարկոսը` ռմբարկուների եռյակում (in Armenian). www.armsport.am. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "Armenia coach unhappy with behavior of players in Bulgaria match". ArmeniaNow.com. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- Հայաստանի հավաքականի ֆուտբոլիստների կանայք (ֆոտո) (in Armenian). sport.news.am. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- Մարկոս Պիզելի. Բերեզովսկին կարծես հայր լինի բոլորիս համար (in Armenian). news.am. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "M. Pizzelli". Soccerway. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- "Armenia Cup 2008". rsssf.com. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- "Armenia Cup 2009". rsssf.com. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- "Armenia 2010 - Cups". rsssf.com. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- Маркос Пиццелли — лучший игрок "Металлурга" в июле (in Russian). metallurg.donetsk.ua. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- «Актобе» взял Суперкубок (in Russian). sport.kg. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Armenia - List of Topscorers". Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- "Armenia - M. Pizzelli". Soccerway. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- Marcos Pizzelli at National-Football-Teams.com
- Profile at FFA website
- Profile at soccerway
- Profile at footballdatabase.eu
- Profile at armfootball.tripod.com
|This biographical article related to a Brazilian association football midfielder is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to Armenian association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|