From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2014)|
|Marcus' Children aka Social Living|
|Studio album by Burning Spear|
|Label||Island (ILPS 9556)|
|Burning Spear chronology|
Blood and Fire release
|Pop Matters||(Favorable) link|
|Robert Christgau||(A-) link|
The LP appears in a scene in the 1994 film Léon: The Professional, where it is endorsed by one of the movie's antagonists.
Marcus' Children AKA Social Living
- "Marcus Children Suffer" - 4:39
- "Social Living"- 2:49
- "Nyah Keith" - 4:03
- "Institution" - 3:29
- "Marcus Senior" - 5:09
- "Civilized Reggae" - 7:11
- "Mister Garvey" - 4:52
- "Come"- 3:53
- "Marcus Say Jah No Dead" - 3:57
Social Living (2003 Island Remaster)
- "Marcus Children Suffer"
- "Social Living"
- "Nayah Keith"
- "Marcus Senior"
- "Civilized Reggae"
- "Mister Garvey"
- "Marcus Say Jah No Dead"
- "Social Living [Extended Mix]"
- "Civilized Reggae [Extended Mix]"
- Recorded at Harry J Studio, Kingston, Jamaica and at Compass Point Studios, Nassau, Bahamas
- Engineer Sylvan Morris
- Mixed at Compass Point Studios by Karl Pitterson and Benji Armbrister
- All songs written by Winston Rodney and published by EMI Copyright Holdings Ltd. except tracks 2, 3, 5 published by Blue Mountain Music
- Earl "Chinna" Smith - guitar
- Bertram "Ranchie" McLean - guitar
- Brinsley Forde - guitar
- Donald "Roots" Kinsley - guitar
- Donald Griffiths - guitar
- Lowell "Sly" Dunbar - drums
- Leroy "Horsemouth" Wallace - drums
- Angus Gaye - drums
- Robbie Shakespeare - bass
- Aston "Family Man" Barrett - bass
- George Oban - bass
- Bernard "Touter" Harvey - keyboards
- Earl "Wire" Lindo - keyboards
- Michael "Ibo" Cooper - keyboards
- Courtney Hemmings - keyboards
- Bobby Ellis - trumpet
- Dick Cuthell - trumpet
- Richard "Dirty Harry" Hall - tenor saxophone
- Herman Marquis - alto saxophone
- Vincent "Trommie" Gordon - trombone
- Rico Rodriguez - trombone
- Winston Rodney - percussion
- Uziah "Sticky" Thompson - percussion
Blood and Fire release notes
- Remastered by Kevin Metcalfe at the Town House, London
- Designed and built by Mat at intro, London
- Photograph of Cover by Phil Hale
- Photograph of the Black Disciple Band by Kim Gottlieb
- Photograph of Burning Spear by Adrian Boot
- The copyright to recording is owned by Island Records Inc. and is licensed to Blood and Fire Ltd.
- Blood and Fire would like to thank Chris Blackwell, Suzette Newman, Trevor Wyatt, Ian Moss and all at Island Records for their kind cooperation. Thanks also to Norman Urquia.