|Born||Marcus Clyde Brimage
April 6, 1985
Colorado Springs, Colorado
|Other names||The Bama Beast|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
|Weight||145 lb (66 kg; 10.4 st)|
|Reach||71.0 in (180 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Coconut Creek, Florida,
|Team||American Top Team
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Marcus Clyde Brimage (born April 6, 1985) is an American mixed martial artist. A professional MMA competitor since 2007, Brimage has made a name for himself fighting in the South. He is currently signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, fighting in their Bantamweight division. He was a competitor on Spike TV's The Ultimate Fighter: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller.
Mixed Martial Arts
Brimage began drawing interest in martial arts after seeing an episode of Dragon Ball Z, and watching a highlight reel of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson during high school. After graduating high school, and playing football was over, Brimage attended Wallace State Community College before graduating from Faulkner University with a bachelors in criminal justice. Brimage continued to workout, but was still looking to keep his competitive sprint alive. Brimage began training at a local Muay Thai gym by recommendation from one of his staff sergeants in the military. There Brimage met Chris Connelly, whom he later opened up a gym with, Spartan Fitness, in 2006. Shortly after Brimage began fighting as an amateur, collecting a 10–0 record before turning professional in 2007.
In March 2007 Brimage made his professional debut for Georgia Fighting Championships. Brimage fought and defeated Jason Kwast via unanimous decision. 10 months later Brimage returned to competition against future Bellator fighter, Bryan Goldsby. Brimage defeated Goldsby via TKO in the second round of the fight.
A month after his second professional fight Brimage was selected for BET's reality television show, Iron Ring. Brimage lost his only fight for the promotion against Joey Camacho via submission. Due to injuries Brimage was forced into more than two year hiatus from MMA. Brimage again returned to MMA against former UFC veteran, Kyle Bradley, defeating him via first round TKO.
The Ultimate Fighter
Brimage was selected to appear on both The Ultimate Fighter 8, and The Ultimate Fighter: United States vs. United Kingdom but due to injuries was never allowed to get onto the show. In 2011, Brimage dropped to the featherweight division, and signed with the UFC to compete on The Ultimate Fighter: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller. In the first episode, Brimage fought Bryson Wailehua-Hansen; winning via TKO in the second round. The win gained Brimage entry into the Ultimate Fighter house. He was selected as a part of Team Bisping.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Brimage officially made his UFC and featherweight debut on December 3, 2011 at The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale against Ultimate Fighter castmate Stephen Bass. Brimage won the fight via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 29–28).
Brimage was expected to face Erik Perez on November 15, 2014 at UFC 180. However, Perez pulled out of the bout in mid-October citing a shoulder injury. Brimage was quickly rescheduled and will face Jumabieke Tuerxun on November 8, 2015 at UFC Fight Night 55.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|9 matches||6 wins||3 losses|
|Loss||6–3||Russell Doane||Decision (split)||UFC 175||July 5, 2014||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Bantamweight debut|
|Loss||6–2||Conor McGregor||TKO (punches)||UFC on Fuel TV: Mousasi vs. Latifi||April 6, 2013||1||1:07||Stockholm, Sweden|
|Win||6–1||Jimy Hettes||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 152||September 22, 2012||3||5:00||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Win||5–1||Maximo Blanco||Decision (split)||UFC 145||April 21, 2012||3||5:00||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Win||4–1||Stephen Bass||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale||December 3, 2011||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Featherweight debut|
|Win||3–1||Kyle Bradley||TKO (punches)||USA MMA 13||July 31, 2010||1||3:01||Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States|
|Loss||2–1||Joey Camacho||Submission||Iron Ring||February 18, 2008||1||1:27||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States|
|Win||2–0||Bryan Goldsby||TKO (punches)||Xtreme Freestyle Fighting 7||January 19, 2008||2||1:07||Birmingham, Alabama, United States|
|Win||1–0||Jason Kwast||Decision (unanimous)||Georgia FC 2||March 17, 2007||3||5:00||Georgia, United States|
- "Fight Card - UFC 175 Weidman vs. Machida". UFC.com. Retrieved July 11, 2014.
- MMA: Marcus Brimage Credits Dragon Ball Z for His Career Choice. Bleacher Report (2011-12-01). Retrieved on 2013-06-28.
- "Marcus Brimage UFC Profile". Retrieved 2014.
- Brimage, Marcus. (2011-09-23) Marcus Brimage TUF 14 Blog: My Road to the Ultimate Fighter House | Fighters.com | RM Sports. Fighters.com. Retrieved on 2013-06-28.
- Marcus Brimage – Official UFC® Fighter Profile. Ufc.com. Retrieved on 2013-06-28.
- ""The Ultimate Fighter 14" cast unveiled with 32 bantamweights and featherweights". MMAJunkie.com. 2011-08-22.
- "Episode No. 1 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 14: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller'". MMAJunkie.com. 2011-09-21.
- "Episode No. 2 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 14: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller'". MMAJunkie.com. 2011-09-28.
- "Maximo Blanco vs. Marcus Brimage Verbally Agreed for UFC 145 in Atlanta". mmaweekly.com. January 19, 2012.
- "Marcus Brimage vs. Jim Hettes added to UFC 152 in Toronto". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- "Conor McGregor signs for UFC; meets Marcus Brimage at UFC on Fuel TV 9". thefightlounge.co.uk. February 7, 2013.
- Jeff Sherwood (2014-05-30). "Russell Doane-Marcus Brimage bantamweight clash targeted for UFC 175 in Las Vegas". sherdog. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- Mookie Alexander (2014-08-26). "Lamas vs. Bermudez, Ellenberger vs. Gastelum among four fights confirmed for UFC 180". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2014-08-26.
- Guilherme Cruz (2014-10-10). "Erik Perez injured, out of UFC 180 fight with Marcus Brimage". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2014-10-10.