|No. 12 – New Basket Brindisi|
|Position||Point guard / Shooting guard|
|League||Lega Basket Serie A|
March 20, 1990 |
Kansas City, Missouri
|Listed height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Listed weight||185 lb (84 kg)|
|High school||Hogan Preparatory Academy
(Kansas City, Missouri)
|NBA draft||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 59th overall|
|Selected by the San Antonio Spurs|
|2012–2013||Élan Chalon (France)|
|2014–present||New Basket Brindisi (Italy)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Marcus Denmon (born March 20, 1990) is an American professional basketball player for New Basket Brindisi of the Lega Basket Serie A. He played for the University of Missouri. He was taken 59th overall by the San Antonio Spurs in the 2012 NBA Draft.
High school career
In his senior season at Hogan Preparatory Academy, Denmon averaged 28.5 points and 5.8 rebounds while leading Hogan Prep to the Class 3 State Championships. He won the 2008 DiRenna Award as the top high school player in Kansas City.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||Commit date|
|Kansas City, MO||Hogan Prep||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)||170 lb (77 kg)||Aug 20, 2007|
|Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A ESPN grade: 40|
A reserve his freshman and sophomore seasons, Denmon started 33 out of 34 games his junior season. As a junior, Denmon averaged 16.9 points per game while earning All-Big 12 First Team, NABC All-District, and USBWA All-District honors.
As a senior, Denmon 17.7 points per game and 5 rebounds per game, earning second-team Consensus All-American, All-Big 12 First team, and USBWA All-District honors. Denmon was also a finalist for the John R. Wooden Award.
Denmon was drafted on June 28, 2012 by the San Antonio Spurs with the 59th selection in the draft.
On July 25, 2012, Denmon signed a one-year contract with the French Pro A League club Élan Chalon. On October 5, 2012, Denmon suffered a broken foot in the team's opening game against ASVEL Basket. After undergoing surgery, Denmon returned to play on January 26, 2013 against JDA Dijon Basket. After the season, he then signed a 1 year contract with the Tofas S.K. of the Turkish Basketball League.
On December 7, 2010, Denmon's cousin, Marion, known as "Lil Daddy" died three days after being shot while riding in a car.
- "Marcus Denmon". mutigers.com. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "Spani, Denmon selected for DiRenna Award". Kansas City Star. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "Marcus Denmon". Rivals.com. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "Roster Announced For 2011 USA Men's World University Games Team". USA Basketball.
- "2011-2012 Men’s John R. Wooden Award Final Ballot". Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- Paylor, Terez. "Missouri seniors prepare for final game in Columbia". Kansas City Star. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- Paylor, Terez (28 June 2012). "MU’s English, Denmon drafted in second round". Kansas City Star. Retrieved 2 July 2012.
- "ELAN CHALON picks up promising rookie Denmon". Euroleague.net. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- Garcia, Jeff (6 October 2012). "Report: Marcus Denmon breaks foot in season opener for Chalon". WOAI.com. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- Garcia, Jeff (7 February 2013). "DENMON MAKES POST-SURGERY RETURN TO THE COURT". ProjectSpurs.com. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- ENEL BRINDISI SIGNS MARCUS DENMON
- Frederickson, Ben. "Shots fired at Kansas City funeral of Marcus Denmon's cousin". Columbia Missourian. Retrieved 13 March 2012.