Dunstan at the 2012 New York Comic Con.
September 19, 1978 |
Marcus Dunstan (born April 14, 1978) is an American screenplay writer and director who, along with Patrick Melton, wrote screenplay for the film Feast, which was the winner of Season Three of the filmmaking competition reality TV series Project Greenlight. Dunstan has since written the screenplays for Feast, Feast 2: Sloppy Seconds, Feast 3: The Happy Finish, The Collector, Saw IV, Saw V, Saw VI, and Saw 3D, and in some cases, making cameo appearances in those films as well.
While in college Dunstan experimented with 16mm film often using himself as the guinea pig in poorly executed stunts that left him dragging behind a car, the target of flying knives, and thrice being set on fire. He holds the record for spilling the most fake blood ever in a student film. Since moving to Los Angeles in 1999, Dunstan toiled in several odd jobs including a retirement home, an Optometry clinic, and a video store while spending his nights writing on a borrowed computer from fellow screenwriter, Patrick Melton.
In March 2005, Dunstan and Melton won Season Three of Project Greenlight with their screenplay, Feast, which was directed by John Gulager. The film starred Krista Allen and Eric Dane, and was produced by Dimension Films and Neo Art & Logic.
Dunstan has written the screenplays for Feast, Feast 2: Sloppy Seconds, Feast 3: The Happy Finish, The Collector, Saw IV, Saw V, Saw VI, and Saw 3D. He is also in pre-production and post-production for several of his other screenplays. In addition to writing the screenplay for The Collector, he directed the film. He also directed the sequel to The Collector, titled The Collection. The film, produced by Liddell Entertainment and Fortress Features, began filming in January 2011.
In addition to writing and directing, he and writing partner Patrick Melton have made cameo appearances in Saw V, Supergator, Feast and The Collector, appearing in the later two through the same puppet show clip shown on TV screens. He, Melton and Stephen Romano co-wrote the thriller novel Black Light - Don't Look Too Deep, which will published on October 5, 2011 over Mulholland Books as hardcover. The novel will adapt in a feature film written by Patrick Melton and Dunston, under the direction of Stephen Romano, Michael De Luca will produce for Warner Bros.
|Feast 2: Sloppy Seconds||2008||$2,000,000|
|Feast 3: The Happy Finish||2009||$2,000,000|
|God of War||TBA||TBA|
- The Candidate (2010)
- "Marcus Dunstan – Interview by Matt Horn". Demon FM. 10/11/2009. Check date values in:
- "'The Collector' Writing/Directing Team Spill Details on Forthcoming Projects!". Bloody Disgusting.
- Marcus Dunstan at FEARnet
- 'The Collector 2' to Shoot This October!
- A Sequel to The Collector on the Way
- "The Collector 2, called The Collection, is shooting in October." Dread Central. April 29, 2010.
- "Behind-the-Scenes Image from the Set of 'Saw 3D'". Bloody Disgusting.
- Stephen Romano Talks Black Light; Exclusive Look at the UK Cover Art
- "Exclusive: Patrick Melton Talks a Black Light film, The Collection, Piranha 3DD and Rise!". Dread Central.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marcus Dunstan.|