Marcus Thomas (defensive tackle)
Thomas with the Denver Broncos in 2009.
|No. 79 Toronto Argonauts|
|Date of birth:||September 23, 1985|
|Place of birth:||Yokosuka, Japan|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||316 lb (143 kg)|
|High school:||Jacksonville (FL) Mandarin|
|NFL draft:||2007 / Round: 4 / Pick: 121|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics as of 2012
Stats at NFL.com
Marcus Thomas (born on September 23, 1985) is an American football defensive tackle for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL). Thomas played college football for the University of Florida.
Thomas accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played for coach Urban Meyer's Florida Gators football team from 2003 to 2006. In November 2006, he was kicked off the team for violating the terms of his reinstatement from a drug-related suspension. He missed curfew, went on an unapproved out of town trip, and skipped a mandatory drug counseling session. Thomas was an anthropology major.
New York Giants
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 97, 99, 186 (2011). Retrieved August 31, 2011.
- Marcus Thomas, DT, Taken in Fourth BroncoTalk. Retrieved on July 12, 2007
- Quick Hit - 4th Round Pick Marcus Thomas Locked Up. BroncoTalk. Retrieved on July 12, 2007
- Toronto Argonauts profile Archive copy at the Wayback Machine
- Marcus Thomas – Florida Gators player profile