||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
June 2, 1942 |
Oklahoma, United States
She was an original cast member of the daytime serial Days of our Lives, where she played the role of Marie Horton, and a regular cast member of General Hospital, where she played Lucy Coe's wacky and fun-loving Aunt Charlene Simpson. She was also in the soap opera Search for Tomorrow, where she originated the role of the sarcastic and very vampy Stephanie Wilkins, who was Joanne Gardner's arch-enemy. She was replaced on that soap opera by actress/writer Louise Shaffer.
She has also made many guest appearances in TV series such as Gunsmoke, Cagney and Lacey, Quantum Leap, Knots Landing, The Nanny, Dharma and Greg, Profiler, Judging Amy, Scrubs, The West Wing, Monk, Cold Case and Desperate Housewives. She has also appeared in movies, such as Beetlejuice (1988) (where she developed a cult following), Rumor Has It…, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, America's Sweethearts, and a notable cameo in The Wedding Singer, in which she innocently asked Billy Idol what the "mile high club" was.
She was once married to Bill Arvin, but it ended in divorce in 1974. In 1998, she married singer and songwriter Robert Staron (aka Bobbo Staron).
- Days of our Lives -- Marie Horton (1965–1968; 1970–1973; 1994; 1996; 2010)
- Search for Tomorrow -- Stephanie Wilkins Wyatt (1974–1984)
- General Hospital -- Charlene Simpson (1988–1991)
- The West Wing -- Gov. Peggy Wade (2005)
- Hot in Cleveland -- Mrs. Filsinger (2012)
- Sam and Cat -- Nonna (2013-present; main role)
- Sex and Breakfast -- Older Woman in Elevator (2007)
- Broken Angel -- Mrs. Kraus (2008)
- Crossing Over -- Judge Freeman (2009)
- Protection -- Mrs. Shapiro (2009)
- Labor Pains -- Ann (2009)
- Stellina Blue -- Clare (2009)
- Little Fish, Strange Pond -- Elderly Woman (2009)
- Letters to God -- Olivia (2010)
|This article about an American television actor or actress born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|