Marfa Municipal Airport
|Marfa Municipal Airport|
|IATA: MRF – ICAO: KMRF – FAA LID: MRF|
|Elevation AMSL||4,849 ft / 1,478 m|
Marfa Municipal Airport (IATA: MRF, ICAO: KMRF, FAA LID: MRF) is a county owned public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) north of the central business district of Marfa, a city in Presidio County, Texas, United States. The airport serves private aircraft and has no scheduled airlines service.
Facilities and aircraft
Marfa Municipal Airport covers an area of 816 acres (330 ha) at an elevation of 4,849 feet (1,478 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 13/31 is 6,214 by 75 feet (1,894 x 23 m) and 4/22 is 5,307 by 75 feet (1,618 x 23 m). It also has a third runway with a dirt surface: 9/27 is 2,825 by 60 feet (861 x 18 m).
For the 12-month period ending April 23, 2007, the airport had 15,000 aircraft operations, an average of 41 per day, all of which were general aviation. At that time there were 18 aircraft based at this airport: 61% single-engine, 6% multi-engine and 33% glider.
Marfa Gliders offers sailplane flight training and glider rides throughout the year and hosts a soaring camp in spring.
- FAA Airport Master Record for MRF ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective September 25, 2008.
- Airport diagram. Texas Department of Transportation. Updated December 29, 2009.
- "Dedication of the 15th National Landmark of Soaring, April 5, 2008, Marfa Airport, West Texas". Marfa Gliders. Archived from the original on February 5, 2009.
- FAA Terminal Procedures for MRF, effective December 11, 2014
- Resources for this airport: