Marfin Investment Group
|Traded as||Athex: MIG|
|Headquarters||Nea Erythraia, Greece|
|Key people||Efthimios Bouloutas (CEO), Andreas Vgenopoulos (Chairman)|
|Revenue||€1.492 billion (2010)|
|Profit||(€1.868 billion) (2010)|
|Total assets||€5.412 billion (end 2010)|
|Total equity||€2.283 billion (end 2010)|
|Employees||17,300 (end 2010)|
Marfin Investment Group (also known as MIG) is a Greek investment company created in 1998 as Marfin Α.Ε.Π.Ε.Υ.. It has acquired several companies and has changed name several times since. In 2001 it acquired Piraeus Prime Bank and was renamed Marfin Bank. In 2004 it took the name Marfin Financial Group following the triple merger of Comm Group, Marfin Classic Α.Ε.Ε.Χ and Maritime and Financial Investments.
Its shares are currently listed on the Athens Stock Exchange.
On 6 March 2009, MIG won the deal to acquire Olympic Airlines making it a private airline. The airline was renamed Olympic Air soon after.On 22 February 2010, Olympic Air and main competitor Aegean Airlines announced they had reached an agreement to merge their operations, phasing out the Aegean brand. After an in depth inquiry by the European competitions commission, it was announced on 26 January 2011 that the merger was blocked citing anti-competitive concerns. Following a renewed attempt to sell the company to Aegean Airlines and the subsequent approval by the Competition Commissioner on 10 October 2013, the airline is, as of 23 October 2013, a full subsidiary of Aegean Airlines.
In 2006 Marfin Investment Group acquired HSBC's shares in the now-defunct Laiki Bank, establishing a strong minority share position. Subsequently, the group acquired control of Laiki, which it re-branded as Marfin Popular Bank.
As of September 2012, MIG's principal equity holdings consisted of:
- Attica Holdings (Attica Group) (89.4% owned)
- FAI Rent-a-Jet (51.0% owned)
- Hilton Cyprus (75.1% owned)
- HYGEIA (70.4% owned)
- MIG Real Estate (39.9% owned)
- Skyserv Handling Services (100% owned)
- Robne Kuće Beograd (82.3% owned)
- SingularLogic (85.7% owned)
- Sunce Koncern (bluesun Hotels & Resorts) (50.0% owned)
- Vivartia (91.6% owned)
- Barba Stathis (100% owned)
- Alesis (51% owned)
- M. Arabatzis (Elliniki Zymi) (49% owned)
- Uncle Stathis EOD Bulgaria (100% owned)
- Delta (100% owned)
- Goody's (100% owned)
- Goody's shops
- Everest (100% owned)
- Greenfood (78.97% owned)
- Hellenic Catering (98.28% owned)
- Hellenic Food Investments (52.92% owned)
- Select Nendos (31.45% owned)
- Barba Stathis (100% owned)
- "Annual Report 2010". Marfin Investment Group. Retrieved 5 May 2011.
- MIG interest in Jat Airways
- A new era in Cyprus corporate history-(Cyprus Mail archive article - Thursday, September 21, 2006) 
- MIG - By sector. Marfininvestmentgroup.com (2009-07-23). Retrieved on 2013-08-20.
- Superfast Ferries official web site - Greece - Italy / Pireaus - Heraklion. Superfast.com. Retrieved on 2013-08-20.
- [dead link]
- Νέα δομή για την «Χαραλαμπίδης – Κρίστης» - Ant1 internet world. Ant1iwo.com (2012-09-06). Retrieved on 2013-08-20.