Margaret Cogswell (born in Memphis, Tennessee) is a mixed media installation artist.
She was raised in Japan. She graduated from Rhodes College with a B.A. degree in English literature in 1969, and from Rutgers University with an M.F.A. degree in sculpture in 1982. She lives in New York City.
- 2009 Guggenheim Fellow 
- 2007; 1993 New York Foundation for the Arts Fellowship
- 1987; 1991 Pollock-Krasner Foundation Grants 
- 2003 "Cuyahoga Fugues"
- 2005 "Hudson Weather Fugues", Wave Hill, the Bronx 
- 2006 "Buffalo River Fugues", Hallwalls, Buffalo, New York
- 2008 "Mississippi River Fugues", University of Memphis, in Tennessee 
- 2009 "River Fugues" 
- Margaret Cogswell ’69 Exhibits at University of Memphis
- Margaret Cogswell - John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation
- The Krasdale Galleries - The Exhibits
- FOOTLIGHTS - NYTimes.com
- Margaret Cogswell exhibit
- Hope College: Critical Issues Symposium