1 January 1968 |
|Education||Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
University not Stated
Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA)
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, London, United Kingdom
|Occupation||Senior Bank Executive|
|Years active||1994 — present|
|Known for||Business, Management|
|Title||Director of Business Development In Anglophine Africa|
Margaret Mwanakatwe, is a Zambian businesswoman, accountant, and bank executive. She is the current Director for Business Development in Anglophone Africa, at United Bank for Africa, at the bank's headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria. In this role, she supervises business development in Cameroon, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Mozambique, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Prior to that, she served as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, of United Bank for Africa Uganda Limited, from March 2009 until May 2011.
Margaret Mwanakatwe is an astute business executive and banker, with a professional career that spans over twenty (20) years. She has been a banking chief executive in her native Zambia, Ghana and Uganda and is now a Senior Executive, at United Bank for Africa, in Nigeria.
She was born in Zambia in the 1960s. She holds the degree of Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA). She is also a Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA), recognised by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, London, United Kingdom.
Following education both in Zambia and abroad, she took up employment at Barclays Bank Zambia. She rose to the position of Managing Director. She was the first Zambian and first female Chief Executive at Barclays Bank Zambia. She was also the first woman CEO in all of Barclays Bank's African subsidiaries at the time. In 2004, she was appointed Managing Director and CEO at Barclays Bank Ghana, serving in that capacity until 2009.
In 2009, she left Barclays Bank and joined United Bank for Africa as Managing Director and Chief Executive at United Bank for Africa Uganda Limited. During the same timeframe, she served as Regional Business Director, Southern Africa for UBA. She served in that capacity until June 2011, when she was appointed to her present position.
- Overview of Margaret Mwanakatwe's Work In Ghana
- Overview of Margaret Mwanakatwe's Work In Uganda[dead link]
- List of banks in Nigeria
- List of banks in Uganda
- List of banks in Zambia
- United Bank for Africa
- United Bank for Africa (Uganda)
- List of banks in Africa
- Margaret Mwanakatwe Promoted To Continental Anglophone Director At UBA
- Margaret Mwanakatwe Was Managing Director, UBA (Uganda) From 2009 Until 2011[dead link]
- The Academic Qualifications of Margaret Mwanakatwe[dead link]
- Margaret Mwanakatwe Was Managing Director of Barclays Bank Zambia In 2003[dead link]
- Margaret Mwanakatwe Was First Female CEO At An African Barclays Bank
- Margaret Mwanakatwe Was Managing Director & CEO of Barclays Bank Ghana From 2004 Until 2009
- Margaret Mwanakatwe Joins UBA
- Mwanakatwe Served As UBA Internal Auditor In 2010[dead link]