Margaret Raine Hunt
Born Margaret Raine, daughter of James Raine, she also wrote under the pseudonym Averil Beaumont. Her husband was the artist Alfred William Hunt. Her older daughter was the novelist Violet Hunt; her younger daughter Venetia married the designer William Arthur Smith Benson (1854–1924).
The following list is a selection of novels written by Hunt,
- Under Seal of Confession (1874) (as Averil Beaumont)
- The Leaden Casket (1880)
- Thornicroft's Model (1881) (as Averil Beaumont)
- The Governess (1912) with Violet Hunt, preface by Ford Madox Brown.
- John Sutherland (1990) . "Hunt, ... [Margaret]". The Stanford Companion to Victorian Literature. p. 314.
- Grimm's household tales, trans. & ed. by Margaret Hunt with an intro. by Andrew Lang, hathitrust.org
- Hunt [née Raine], Margaret (1831–1912), novelist Oxford Biography Index Number 101055789 Primary authority: Oxford DNB
- "Hunt, Margaret". Who's Who, 59: p. 896. 1907.
- Joanne Shattock, ed. (2000). "The late Nineteenth Century Novel". The Cambridge bibliography of English literature; Volumes 1800–1900 4. Cambridge University Press. pp. 1581–1582. ISBN 978-0-521-39100-9.
- Room, Adrian (2010). Dictionary of Pseudonyms: 13,000 Assumed Names and Their Origins By (5 ed.). McFarland. p. 53. ISBN 0-7864-4373-1.
- Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). "Hunt, Alfred William". Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press.
- Works written by or about Margaret Raine Hunt at Wikisource
- Works by Margaret Raine Hunt at Project Gutenberg
- Works by or about Margaret Raine Hunt in libraries (WorldCat catalog)