14 May 2002 |
|Known for||Great-niece of Queen Elizabeth II and granddaughter of Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon|
|Parents||David Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley
Serena Armstrong-Jones, Viscountess Linley
Margarita Elizabeth Rose Alleyne Armstrong-Jones (born 14 May 2002) is the only daughter of Viscount and Viscountess Linley. She is the only granddaughter of Princess Margaret and the Earl of Snowdon.
She is 19th in the line of succession to the British throne and the thrones of the 15 other Commonwealth realms. She is named after her paternal grandmother, Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon, and her great-grandmother Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, both of whom died shortly before her birth. Rose was, according to her father in an interview with Majesty Magazine, selected by her brother Charles. Alleyne is also one of her mother's middle names.
In September 2006, according to a 25 December 2006 article in the Daily Telegraph, "Margarita was photographed sitting on the luggage rack of her father's bicycle in rush hour traffic." The photograph provoked complaints from advocates of traffic safety.
On 14 February 2011, it was announced that Margarita would be a bridesmaid at the wedding of Prince William of Wales, her second cousin, and Catherine Middleton, a duty she performed on 29 April 2011 at Westminster Abbey in London.
Titles, styles, honours and arms
- 14 May 2002 – present: The Honourable Margarita Armstrong- Jones
When her father becomes the Earl of Snowdon, she will be known as The Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones.
|Ancestors of Margarita Armstrong-Jones|
She is named after her paternal grandmother, Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon, and her great-grandmother Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, both of whom died shortly before her birth.
- Pierce, Andrew (2002). "Margarita makes her debut". The Times. London , England. Retrieved 3 January 2007.
- Davies, Caroline (26 December 2006). "Margarita Swings In To Steal Sandringham Show". The Daily Telegraph (UK). Retrieved 28 December 2006.
- Caroline Davies, "Margarita Swings in To Steal Sandringham Show," a 25 December 2006 Telegraph
- An Online Gotha, a genealogy of the royal family of Great Britain.
Media related to Margarita Armstrong-Jones at Wikimedia Commons
The Hon. Charles Armstrong-Jones
|Line of succession to the British throne
Lady Sarah Chatto