Levieva in June 2009
February 9, 1980 |
Leningrad, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
Margarita Levieva (born Margarita Vladimirovna Levieva on February 9, 1980; Russian: Маргарита Владимировна Левиева) is a Russian-American actress. Born in the Soviet Union, she was a competitive gymnast before going on to star in the films The Invisible, Adventureland and Spread. On television, she is known for her role as the faux Amanda Clarke/real Emily Thorne on Revenge.
Levieva was born in Leningrad, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union (now Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation). She is from a Russian Jewish family. At the age of three, she began the training program of a competitive rhythmic gymnast. When she was 11, Levieva's mother moved her and her twin brother to Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn in New York City.
She continued to train for a few more years after emigrating to the United States and achieved success regionally but did not compete at the U.S. Championships – she did not then hold U.S. citizenship and her family were undocumented immigrants at the time. She attended high school in Secaucus, New Jersey. Levieva received her BA in economics at NYU and worked as a fashion buyer. Her continuing interest in acting led her to be accepted into the Meisner Training Program at the William Esper Studio.
Levieva made a guest appearance on Law & Order: Trial by Jury in 2005. In 2005, New York Magazine featured her as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in New York. In 2006, she starred in the Fox series, Vanished. Her feature film credits include The Invisible, the independent film Billy's Choice, and Noise starring Tim Robbins, Bridget Moynahan and William Hurt.
In 2009, Levieva played Lisa P. in the comedy Adventureland. The same year, she made an appearance in the NBC drama Kings (in the episode "First Night") and starred in the play The Retributionists. She also starred in the HBO comedy-drama series How to Make it in America. In 2011, she appeared in the thriller film The Lincoln Lawyer, with Matthew McConaughey. Her other film credits include The Stand Up, Knights of Badassdom, For Ellen and Loft.
From 2011 to 2013, Levieva appeared on the ABC drama series Revenge in the recurring role of the original Emily Thorne, who agreed to switch identities with Amanda Clarke (Emily VanCamp). In 2012, it was announced she would join the second season of HBO's Luck in the recurring role of Sarah Israel. However, the series was canceled after its first season.
|2004||Billy's Choice||Julie Romano||Short film|
|2007||The Invisible||Annie Newton|
|2009||Adventureland||Lisa P.||Nominated — Gotham Award for Best Ensemble Cast|
|2010||The Stand Up||Julie|
|2011||The Lincoln Lawyer||Reggie Campo|
|2013||Sweating in the Night||Diane||Short film|
|2014||Knights of Badassdom||Beth||Filmed in 2010|
|2014||The Loft||Vicky Fry||Filmed in 2011|
|2005||Law & Order: Trial by Jury||Stephanie Davis||Episode: "Skeleton"|
|2006||Vanished||Marcy Collins||Series regular, 13 episodes|
|2005||N.Y.-70||Cindy||Unsold TV pilot|
|2006||The Prince||Isabelle||Unsold TV pilot|
|2006||What's Not to Love?||Blake||Unsold TV pilot|
|2009||Kings||Claudia||Episode: "First Night"|
|2010–2011||How to Make It in America||Julie||Recurring role, 6 episodes|
|2011–2013||Revenge||Amanda Clarke / Real Emily Thorne||Recurring role, 23 episodes|
|2013||The Blacklist||Gina Zanetakos||Episode: "Gina Zanetakos"|
- Axelrod, Nick (April 2, 2009). "Tilt-A-Whirl Girl: Margarita Levieva in 'Adventureland'". WWD Lifestyle. Archived from the original on February 17, 2012.
- Fradkin, Lori (September 14, 2009). "The Retributionists’ Margarita Levieva on Jewish Revenge and Being Lisa P.". New York Magazine. Retrieved September 15, 2009.
- Tinkham, Chris (April 8, 2009). "Margarita Levieva – An interview with Adventureland's Lisa P.". Under The Radar Mag. Archived from the original on August 18, 2010.
- Radish, Christina (April 26, 2007). "Margarita Levieva May Hold The Key In "The Invisible"". MediaBlvd Magazine. Retrieved March 13, 2012.
- "The Most Beautiful New Yorkers". Archived from the original on February 14, 2009.
- Masters, Megan (November 16, 2011). "Revenge Preview: The Real Emily Thorne Reveals Her Agenda! (Hint: It Involves 'Sharing')". TVLine. Retrieved November 17, 2011.
- Andreeva, Nellie (March 5, 2012). "Michael Gambon Upped To Regular On ‘Luck’, Margarita Levieva Joins As Recurring". Deadline.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Margarita Levieva.|