February 21, 1983
|Occupation||Model, Heiress, Actress|
Margherita Missoni (born February 21, 1983 is known for her rise to prominence as heiress to her family's Missoni fashion house, which was founded by her grandparents, as well as her appearances in Missoni fashion campaigns as a model, and as an aspiring actress. Missoni currently lives in New York City following her re-location from Italy to pursue acting.
However, after she moved to New York, she struggled emotionally when her academic credits could not transfer to the United States educational system. Following this obstacle, Missoni chose to explore her first love, theatre.
She says her relationship with her family is close, particularly her connection with her sister and her mother.
On June 23, 2012, she married race car driver, Eugenio Amos (b. 1985) in Brunello, Italy. In February 2013, the couple revealed they are expecting their first child.
Before she was featured in Missoni campaigns, she was a company ambassador, a duty entailing promotion at fashion related events. In her own words, Missoni described becoming the face of a Missoni campaign as "a natural evolution."
Currently, Missoni is studying acting in New York with hopes of success in the entertainment industry. Most recently, she was featured in Jean Genet’s The Maids, based on a true story of two maids who kill their mistress.
- Style.com Margherita Birthday Party: 21st February Retrieved October 19, 2007)
- Fashion Week Daily A moment with Margherita Missoni Retrieved October 19, 2007
- SocialitieLife.com Margherita Missoni Retrieved October 19, 2007
- United Kingdom Telegraph 'Missoni' Accomplished Retrieved October 19, 2007
- PaperMag.com Out on the town with Margherita Missoni Retrieved October 19, 2007