November 20, 1982 |
Bear Creek, North Carolina, USA 
She shot to fame as Lisa in the controversial 2004 British film 9 Songs, directed by Michael Winterbottom. According to the Guardian, 9 Songs was the most sexually explicit mainstream film to date, largely because it includes several scenes of real sexual acts between Stilley and her co-star, English actor Kieran O'Brien, including fellatio, ejaculation, cunnilingus, vaginal sex and masturbation with a vibrator. Stilley asked that director Michael Winterbottom refer to her simply by her character's name in interviews about the film at the beginning to protect the artistic integrity of the film instead of making it a personal press vehicle.
Since then, Stilley has played in twelve films to date, including How to Lose Friends & Alienate People and Hippie Hippie Shake, and has worked again with Winterbottom on a BBC2 comedy The Trip with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon.
- 9 Songs (2004) .... Lisa
- Mayo (1 episode, 2006) .... Roma Sheraton
- Reverb (2007) .... Nicky
- How to Lose Friends & Alienate People (2008) .... Ingrid
- Marple: Murder Is Easy (2009) (TV) .... Bridget Conway
- Goal! 3 (2009) .... Tamsin
- Hippie Hippie Shake (2009) .... Cynthia Plaster-Caster
- 14 Days with Victor (2010) ... Anna
- The Trip (2010) ... Mischa
- The Trip (2011) ... Mischa (Film edit of the TV Series above)
- Margo Stilley at the Internet Movie Database
- Eden, Richard (2010-01-23). "Actress Margo Stilley becomes cheerleader for foxhunting". The Telegraph (London).
- Stilley, Margo (November 2008). "Hello Chaps". Esquire.
- Cannes screening for most sexually explicit British film at guardian.co.uk
- Cavendish, Lucy (2008-11-02). "Margo Stilley: songs of innocence and of experience". The Telegraph (London).
- "Biography". Margo Stilley's Site.
- Eden, Richard (2010-07-03). "Madonna casts Natalie Dormer to portray the 'game-playing' Queen Mother". The Telegraph (London).
- "Margo Stilley Interview". Youtube. 2013-05-13. Retrieved 2013-06-21.
- Kay, Richard (2010-09-24). "'Duckface' to marry her man". Daily Mail (London). Retrieved 2010-09-24.