Margot Singer is an American short story writer.
She worked for the management consulting firm McKinsey & Company, From 1986 until 1997, where she was a Principal in the New York Office. She teaches at Denison University, and at Queens University of Charlotte. She lives with her husband and two children in Granville, Ohio.
- 2006 Flannery O'Connor Award for Short Fiction for The Pale of Settlement
- Glasgow Prize for Emerging Writers for The Pale of Settlement
- Reform Judaism Prize for Jewish Fiction for The Pale of Settlement
- National Endowment for the Arts Fellowship 
- Carter Prize for the Essay
- 2013 James Jones Literary Society First Novel Fellowship for The Art of Fugue.
- "James Jones Fellowship Contest", Wilkes University, retrieved 2012-09-19.