Maria Adelaide Amaral
Maria Adelaide Amaral (born 1 July 1942, in Alfena) is a Portuguese Brazilian playwright, screenwriter, and novelist. A good deal of her plays concern disaffected urban professionals. She has been classed as among the two major women playwrights of Brazil, the other being Leilah Assunção.
In 1994, Maria Adelaide Amaral biographed the Brazilian comedienne Dercy Gonçalves. The book was titled Dercy de Cabo a Rabo. In 2012, Amaral adapted this book into the miniseries Dercy de Verdade.
- The Cambridge history of Latin American literature: Brazilian ..., Volume 2 by Roberto González Echevarrı́a, pg 307
- Tentative transgressions: homosexuality, AIDS, and the theater in Brazil by Severino João Medeiros Albuquerque, pg 32
- "Dercy de cabo a rabo em livro e na tevê (in Portuguese)". Tribuna do Norte. 4 January 2012.
- "Heloisa Perissé e Fafy Siqueira falam sobre a minissérie "Dercy de Verdade" (in Portuguese)". Quem magazine. 16 December 2011.
- Ti-Ti-Ti page at Rede Globo (In Portuguese)
|This article about a dramatist or playwright is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Brazilian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|