Maria Beatty is a New York filmmaker who directs, acts, and produces. Her films are often made in black and white and cover various aspects of female sexuality including BDSM and fetishism. She was inspired by expressionist German cinema, by French surrealism and American film noir.
She sometimes stars in her own films, such as The Elegant Spanking (1995) and The Black Glove (1997). In 2007 she won the FICEB Best Director award for Silken Sleeves.
- The Return of Post Apocalyptic Cowgirls
- Vampire Sisters
- Belle de Nature
- Boy In a Bathtub (film)
- Post Apocalyptic Cowgirls
- Strap-On Motel
- Skateboard Kink Freak
- Sex Mannequin
- Silken Sleeves
- Mask of Innocence
- Ladies of the Night
- Let the Punishment fit the Child
- The Black Glove
- The Elegant Spanking
- A Lot of Fun for the Evil One
- Sluts and Goddesses
- Sphinxes Without Secrets
- Gang of Souls
- Bleu Productions
- Bleu Productions Member's Website
- Bandaged the film
- Maria Beatty at the Internet Movie Database
- "Masochism, or The Cruel Mother in Maria Beatty's Pornography" by Katrien Jacobs, Critical Studies 17:13–34, 1997.
- "Dungeons and Doms" by Tristan Taormino, Village Voice, January 29, 2002.
- "Le porno lesbien, une affaire de femmes" by Ursula Del Aguila, Têtu, February 29, 2009.
- Interview with Maria Beatty and other directors at the Amsterdam Alternative Erotic Film Festival, 2009, Mailfemale.tv.