Maria Beatty is a New York filmmaker who directs, acts, and produces. Her films are often made in black and white and cover various aspects of female sexuality, including BDSM and fetishism. She was inspired by expressionist German cinema, French surrealism and American film noir.
She sometimes stars in her own films, such as The Elegant Spanking (1995) and The Black Glove (1997). In 2007, she won the FICEB Tacón De Aguja Best Director Award for Silken Sleeves.
- The Medicine Man (2013)
- The Return of Post Apocalyptic Cowgirls (2010)
- Bandaged (2009)
- Post Apocalyptic Cowgirls (2009)
- White Bonnet (2008)
- Belle de Nature (2008)
- Sex Mannequin (2007)
- Boy in a Bathtub (2007)
- Coma (2007)
- Mask of Innocence (2006)
- Silken Sleeves (2006)
- Ecstasy in Berlin (2004)
- Tight Security (2003)
- Seven Deadly Sins (2002)
- Waterworld (2002)
- Tina's Toytrunk (2001)
- Ladies of the Night (2000)
- Sassy Schoolgirl Prt. 2 (2000)
- Leda and the Swan (1999)
- Testify My Love (1999)
- Doctor's Orders (1998)
- Sassy Schoolgirl Prt. 1 (1998)
- Converted to Tickling (1998)
- The Boiler Room (1998)
- Let the Punishment fit the Child (1997)
- The Dueling Pages (1997)
- The Black Glove (1997)
- The Elegant Spanking (1995)
- Alot of Fun for the Evil One (1993)
- Imaging Her Erotics (1992)
- Sphinxes Without Secrets (1991)
- Gang of Souls: A Generation of Beat Poets (1989)
- Bleu Productions
- Bleu Productions Member's Website
- Bandaged the film
- Maria Beatty at the Internet Movie Database
- "Masochism, or The Cruel Mother in Maria Beatty's Pornography" by Katrien Jacobs, Critical Studies 17:13–34, 1997.
- "Dungeons and Doms" by Tristan Taormino, Village Voice, January 29, 2002.
- "Le porno lesbien, une affaire de femmes" by Ursula Del Aguila, Têtu, February 29, 2009.
- Interview with Maria Beatty and other directors at the Amsterdam Alternative Erotic Film Festival, 2009, Mailfemale.tv.