|Chappelle-Nadal in 2013|
|Missouri State Senator from District 14 (University City)|
|Preceded by||Rita Heard Days|
|Member of the Missouri House of Representatives
from the 72nd district
|Born||Maria Nicole Chappelle-Nadal
October 3, 1974
University City, Missouri, USA
|Residence||University City, Missouri|
|Alma mater||Georgia State University|
Maria Nicole Chappelle-Nadal (born October 3, 1974) is a Democrat from University City, Missouri, who represents District 14 in the Missouri State Senate. She is also a former member of the Missouri House of Representatives from District 72, a position which she held from 2005 to 2011. In 2010, Chappelle-Nadal was elected to the Senate to succeed fellow Democrat Rita Heard Days of St. Louis. She is a graduate of Georgia State University in Atlanta, Georgia.
Democrat party activist
Chappelle-Nadal was one of Missouri's superdelegates to the 2008 Democratic National Convention in Denver, Colorado. Uncommitted at first, she declared her support for Democratic candidate Barack Obama on the same day that the commonwealth of Puerto Rico held its Democratic presidential primary. Chappelle-Nadal's mother is Puerto Rican. 
Role in 2014 Ferguson unrest
Chappelle-Nadal was very active during the protests over the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri in August 2014. During the protests, Chappelle-Nadal was among the protesters who were tear-gassed by law enforcement officials. She was highly critical of Governor Jay Nixon's actions and decisions during the protests, carrying a sign of the Governor with the words "MIA [Missing in Action] Again" on it.
- "Mo. Superdelegate to Support Obama". St. Louis Post Dispatch. Retrieved 2008-07-07.
- "State Senator To Ferguson Police: 'Will I Get Tear-Gassed Again?'". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "Jay Nixon breaks his silence, faces crucial test in Michael Brown case". MSNBC. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "Misinformation about situation in Ferguson spreading on social media". KMOV. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- Missouri House of Representatives - Maria Chappelle-Nadal official MO House website
- Project Vote Smart - Representative Maria N. Chappelle-Nadal (MO) profile
- Follow the Money - Maria Chappelle-Nadal
|This article about a Missouri politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|