|Genre||Urban fantasy, mystery, non-fiction|
|Notable works||Blood Lines series|
Maria Lima, is the award-nominated writer of the Blood Lines series published by Pocket Books. Born in Matanzas, Cuba she discovered the magic of books after her family emigrated to the United States. She started writing her own stories and has been continued publishing books ever since.
Life and career
In 2006, Lima's first full-length novel, "Matters of the Blood" was published by a small press. It went out of print briefly, then was picked up by Juno Books, an imprint of Wildside Books. "Matters of the Blood" was re-released in 2007 from Simon & Schuster's Pocket Books.
In addition to the Blood Lines series, Maria has contributed nonfiction essays to the fan publications "Filled with Glee", "A Taste of True Blood: The Fangbanger's Guide", and "In the Hunt: Unauthorized Essays on Supernatural".
Blood Lines series
Short stories and other works
First Time in Print:
- http://www.malicedomestic.org/agathaawards_past.html Agatha Award nominees
- http://www.marialima.com/ Official Site
- http://freshfiction.com/author.php?id=16591 Fresh Fiction.com
- http://www.amazon.com/Maria-Lima/e/B002MNDN84/ Amazon Author Page
- http://www.mysterywriters.org/user/901 Mystery Writers of America official site
- http://books.simonandschuster.biz/Blood-Heat/Maria-Lima/9781439167779 Simon & Schuster Blood Heat page
- http://juno-books.com/blood-kin.html Juno Books Blood Kin page
- http://juno-books.com/blood_bargain.html Juno Books Blood Bargain page
- http://juno-books.com/matters.html Juno Books Matters of the Blood page
- http://www.smartpopbooks.com/book/a-taste-of-true-blood SmartPop Books
- http://www.smartpopbooks.com/book/in-the-hunt SmartPop Books
- http://www.amazon.com/Chesapeake-Crimes-II-Donna-Andrews/dp/0870335820 Amazon.com