Maria Ragland Davis
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2011)|
Maria Ragland Davis (June 1, 1959 – February 12, 2010) was an American biologist and educator. She was associate professor of Biology at the University of Alabama in Huntsville where she studied molecular biology and plant genetics.
Life and career
A native of Detroit, she received her undergraduate degree in chemical engineering from the University of Michigan and a masters degree in the same discipline from North Carolina State University. Following the receipt of her masters degree, Davis completed her doctorate in biochemistry and plant biology. Davis studied strawberries, looking at the genetic makeup of strains that were drought-resistant and those that were not.
She was one of three faculty members to lose their lives in the UA Huntsville shootings on February 12, 2010. She was 50 years old.
- Cold induced Botrytis cinerea enolase (BcEnol-1) functions as a transcriptional regulator and is controlled by cAMP. Molecular Genetics and Genomics Volume 281, Number 2. Ajay K. Pandey, Preti Jain, Gopi K. Podila, Bettina Tudzynski and Maria R. Davis.
- Isolation and characterization of chicken aortic endothelial cells. Methods in Cell Science. Volume 15, Number 4, pgs. 171-5, Hana Van Campen and Maria R. Davis
- Comparative Proteomic Analysis of Botrytis cinerea Secretome. J. Proteome Res., 2009, 8 (3), pgs. 1123–30, Punit Shah, James A. Atwood, III, Ron Orlando, Hind El Mubarek, Gopi K. Podila and Maria R. Davis
- A First-Generation Whole Genome–Radiation Hybrid Map Spanning the Mouse Genome. Genome Res. 1997. 7: pgs. 1153-61. Linda C. McCarthy, Jonathan Terrett, Maria E. Davis, Catherine J. Knights, Angela L. Smith, Ricky Critcher, Karin Schmitt, Jim Hudson, Nigel K. Spurr, and Peter N. Goodfello
- Mangan, Katherine and Karthyn Masterson. "Maria Ragland Davis, 52, Did Research to Help Developing Countries." The Chronicle of Higher Education. February 14, 2010.
- "Maria Ragland Davis" at the Wayback Machine (archived May 28, 2010). (Archive) Department of Biological Sciences, UAH.
- Faculty in Biological Sciences, (Archive) UAHuntsville website