|Beauty pageant titleholder|
1946 (age 68–69)
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Title(s)||Miss California USA 1966
Miss USA 1966
|Miss California USA 1966
Miss USA 1966
Miss Universe 1966
Remenyi was born in Denmark and grew up in Hungary after her father was transferred to an army post there. She migrated to the United States in 1956 when her family escaped from the Hungarian revolt.
Remenyi, residing in El Cerrito, California at the time, represented California at the Miss USA 1966 pageant held in Miami in May 1966. She was voted Miss Pixable by the press. On 22 May 1966 she became the second Californian to win the Miss USA title. In July she competed in the Miss Universe 1966 pageant, placing in the top fifteen.
Life after Miss USA
Prior to winning the Miss USA title she was a junior studying astrophysics at the University of California at Berkeley and was involved in bevatron research and computer programming at the Lawrence Radiation Laboratory. She dropped out after winning Miss USA and transferred to Columbia University, stating that she had fallen in love with New York during her reign.
- Thompson, Ruth (1966-06-25). "Logistics a Problem as "Miss Universe" nears". Gettysburg Times.
- Tucker, William (1966-05-20). "American Beauties Figure in Final". The Miami News.
- "Californian Lass is Miss USA". The Tuscaloosa News. 1966-05-22.
- "New Miss Universe is Shipshape Swede". The Miami News. 1966-07-17.
- "Miss USA title goes to Illinois". The Victoria Advocate. 1973-05-20.
- Thompson, Ruth (1967-05-13). "Brainy Beauty Ready to Step Down as Miss USA". Gettysburg Times.
- Associated Press (1967-02-28). "'Miss USA' leaving California for New York". Times Daily.
|This biography article about a United States contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|