Mariachi los Camperos
The ensemble was one of four mariachis that collaborated on Linda Ronstadt’s 1987 milestone album Canciones de Mi Padre. They also appear on Ms. Ronstadt’s Mas Canciones and toured with the singer nationwide.
The ensemble has recorded several albums including:
- Puro Mariachi (Indigo Records, 1961)
- North of the Border (RCA/Carino Records, 1965)
- El Super Mariachi, Los Camperos (Latin International, 1968)
- Valses de Amor (La Fonda Records, 1973)
- Canciones de Siempre (PolyGram Latino, 1993)
- Sounds of Mariachi (Delfin Records, 1996)
- Fiesta Navidad (Delfin Records, 1997)
- Viva el Mariachi (Smithsonian Folkways, 2003)
- ¡Llegaron Los Camperos!, (Smithsonian Folkways Recordings, 2004) and
- Amor, Dolor y Lagrimas: Música Ranchera (Smithsonian Folkways Recordings, 2008).
They were also featured on Smithsonian Folkways' Raíces Latinas: Smithsonian Folkways Latino Roots Collection in 2002.
Their album ¡Llegaron Los Camperos! was nominated for the 2006 Grammy Award for Best Mexican/Mexican-American Album and they shared a 2005 Best Musical Album for Children Grammy for cELLabration!, A tribute to Ella Jenkins.
Mariachi Los Camperos de Nati Cano