Marian High School (Framingham, Massachusetts)
|Marian High School|
|Marian High School|
|273 Union Avenue
Framingham, Massachusetts, (Middlesex County), 01702
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|President||Sr. Catherine Clifford, CSJ|
|Average class size||15-20|
|Color(s)||Blue and Gold|
|Slogan||"Ad Jesum per Mariam"|
|Athletics conference||Catholic Central|
|Rival||Cathedral High School|
|Accreditation||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Director of Advancement||David Erwin|
|Admissions Director||Kelly Johnson|
|Dean of Students||Rich Gunnell|
|Athletic Director||Tom Bourdeau|
Marian High School is a private, Roman Catholic high school in Framingham, Massachusetts. It is located in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston, and has been run independent of the Diocese since 2004. The Marian community "welcomes students from diverse backgrounds and is committed to fostering the growth and development of each individual in an environment of respect and accountability".
The school competes in ice hockey, basketball, soccer, track, baseball, softball, golf, lacrosse and volleyball.
- The Div.VI Marian Mustangs football team won the state Super Bowl three times in 1992, 2001, and 2002.
- The Div. III girls' soccer team won the state Championship in 1999.
- The girls' basketball team won the state Championship in 1996 and 2006.
- The girls' softball team won CCL League Champions and were state Tournament Semi-Finalists (Div. III) in 2005.
- The boys' baseball team captured the Division III state championship in 2003.
- Both boys' and girls' indoor track teams did not lose a conference meet from 1995–2006 and has produced many state champions, medal winners and collegiate athletes.
- The men's baseball team won the Div. III state Championship in 2003.
- In 2011, the girls' volleyball team had an undefeated regular season. (18-0)
- In 2012, the Marian Cheerleaders were given a bid to perform at the Detroit Lions Thanksgiving Day Game.
The Marian Mainstagers drama club is an award-winning theater group under the direction of Stephen D. Flynn. The club performs annual musicals, plays and competition pieces. In the summer of 2011, the Mainstagers were chosen to represent Massachusetts in a drama competition in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Peter Cronan, former NFL player for the Washington Redskins and the Seattle Seahawks and current color commentator for Boston College's football radio
- Lida E. Harkins, Massachusetts state representative
- Christa McAuliffe, Challenger astronaut
- Brian Moran, former Virginia state delegate; 2009 candidate for Governor of Virginia
- Jim Moran, member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Virginia's 8th District; older brother of Brian
- Kevin McMahon, Class of 1978, currently the role of Elphaba's father in Wicked.
- Christopher McKenzie, minor league baseball player for the Hagerstown Suns.
- Dave Schuler, Former MLB player (California Angels, Atlanta Braves)