Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine
College of Osteopathic Medicine
|President||Daniel J. Elsener|
|Dean||Paul Evans, DO|
|Location||Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
|Campus||Urban, 114 acres.|
|Colors||Blue and Gold|
|Affiliations||Sisters of St. Francis Oldenburg|
The Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine is a private, non-profit medical school for osteopathic medicine located in Indianapolis, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is one of the colleges at Marian University, and the first osteopathic medical school to open at a Roman Catholic university.
Founded in 2010, the college currently holds provisional accreditation status with the American Osteopathic Association's Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA), which allows the college to recruit students and offer instruction. Graduates of the college will receive a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.).
The college shares a 140,000-square-foot building, called the Michael A. Evans Center for Health Sciences, with the Marian University School of Nursing, which is located on the southeast region of campus.
Marian University opened its College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2010, with funding by a $48 million donation from Michael Evans, the CEO of Indianapolis-based AIT Laboratories. The college opened as the second medical school in the state of Indiana. The inaugaral class of 162 students began courses in August 2013.
- "Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)". AACOM.
- "Osteopathic Medical College Information Book Supplement". American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine. pp. 6–7. Retrieved April 30, 2012.
- Schierhorn, Carolyn (March 1, 2012). "Indiana takes aim at physician shortfall with new osteopathic medical school". The DO. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- "Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine". Commission on Osteopathic Colleges Accreditation. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- Bradley, Katie. "White Coat Ceremony Welcomes College of Osteopathic Medicine’s First Students". 21 August 2013. Marian University. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- Wall, JK (August 24, 2011). "AIT's Evans gave $48M to start Marian med school". Indianapolis Business Journal.
- "Indiana’s first osteopathic medical school welcomes first class". Indiana State Medical Association.